Weight Loss and Quitting Smoking - Motivation Buddies!

Options
Hi everyone,

I started using MFP (though not diligently through Christmas) two weeks ago which means this is not a New Years Resolution, this is a lifestyle change.

Three months ago I started noticing two things:
1) I was starting to gain more weight
2) I had a deep, muscular type pain in my upper back when I bend or breathe to deeply.

The pain I took seriously and had x-rays done - no issues with my lungs. The weight, I ignored.

Now, I've put on about 30lbs in the last six months and I feel miserable. It's time to start losing, again, and I'll never be able to exercise the way I'd like to start exercising without giving up the nicotine.

I'd love some like-minded friends with 40+ pounds to lose, 20something, trying or recently quitting smoking, etc! This is not mutually exclusive!

SW: 270lbs
CW: ---
GW: 199lbs

Quit: 12/30/2016

PS: I have no scale as my partner is recovering from an ED so I won't be weighing in frequently and have been setting small, 2-3 week goals between visits to my parents' where there is a scale!

Replies

• mattssoccermom9
    mattssoccermom9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I quit smoking and just hit 6 months on Christmas Eve. There is a wonderful group on Fb called Quit Smoking Community. The members really are AMAZING and supportive. I wouldn't have made it this far without them. I used MFP last Oct and lost 28lbs. and kept it off until I quit smoking in June. I've now gained over 20 lbs back. I am now comfortable in my quit and looking to take the weight off. I would definitely recommend looking into the group. It's a closed group which I like. I also started a group for those comfortable in their quit that now want to lose the weight we put on. It is possible to do both at the same time but I would recommend trying to focus on quitting first. I hope you will check out the Quit Smoking Community. (QSC) It is awesome and I don't think you will be disappointed.
  • mattssoccermom9
    mattssoccermom9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have about 30 - 35 lbs to lose now