Getting Started for 2017

Options
My doc says I must lose 40lbs. 2017 is the year i will do that. I know most new years resolitions get dropped. I will do my best to stick with thia one though.

Replies

• Gerich78
    Gerich78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love a New Year, I'm ready to re-commit without looking back.
    Let's do this!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try! I managed to lose weight and keep it off when I moved myself from the mentality of "trying" into the mentality of "doing". Plastic puppet, Yoda may be, but wise, he is also.
  • Merrycherryo
    Merrycherryo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You've got a positive attitude and that's step one in your journey!
  • Mahmie25
    Mahmie25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! Gotta do this! Been on here off and on for a couple years now but really gotta buckle down! Looking for some friends to relate to so don't hesitate to add me!
  • AggieHighland
    AggieHighland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am overweight. Actually obese. 5' 10" 275lbs blonde hair blue eyes, genetically blessed (weight being the exception). The weight has held me back my entire life. I am now going to utter the cliche that most overweight people throw around "I carry my weight well" ... fortunately I am tall - but I am fat, of that there is no denying. The BMI index says someone for my height should weigh ~156-173 (from memory but likely close). I have a series of goals - 250, 230, 215, 200, 190. At that point I'll re-evaluate.

I had to put my first pet down on Boxing Day - cat, 20 years old, trusty companion, and personal assistant. It is a tragic loss that echoes through this house everyday. That in part is fueling my "New Year=New Me" approach, I generally deal with grief by having a project ... so here I am. Day one. I have been researching LCHF diets and I'm going to see how I do for two weeks. Insofar as fitness, I spin 4x a week and try to snowshoe once each weekend depending on conditions, the dog gets a walk daily the route is about 3.5 km and has two very steep hills. I also need to do some serious core work, and may look at a kettle-bell to introduce some weight work.

So that's me :) Hello and Happy New Year!