I hate breakfast help!

Options
morning_green
morning_green Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys! I absolutely hate cereals and oatmeal and I'm not too keen on eggs either, what the heck do I eat for breakfast? My go to is a bagel and cream cheese or I grab a muffin and coffee from one of the cafes on my campus ! Any suggestions for a healthier breakfast ?

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Bacon bagel sandwich
    Protein shake and a banana
    Fruit salad
    Yoghurt
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle

But I also want to point out that it's okay to skip breakfast if you feel okay without it. Or to eat non-standard breafast foods if you prefer.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs?
  • fitvicgirl
    fitvicgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast foods! A slice of leftover or homemade pizza, fruit salad, cheese and apple slices, anything that fits your health goals can work.
    Maybe find a granola bar you like for a grab and go breakfast that's a little better than a muffin, or make your own?
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    But I also want to point out that it's okay to skip breakfast if you feel okay without it. Or to eat non-standard breafast foods if you prefer.

Must say, I have no issues eating last nights spaghetti for breakfast!
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Only breakfast foods are available on my campus, too. So I just buy a samdwich and stash it in my fridge and reheat it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    1. Eat whatever you like.
    2. Eat whenever you like.
    3. Breakfast is nothing special, it's just the first meal after you wake up (break the fast).
    4. Healthy food is a very vague term; instead, decide what healthy eating means to you.
    5. Decide whether eating first thing in the morning helps you reach your goals.
    6. Decide what you should break your fast with.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You don't have to eat in the morning if it's a hassle-meal timing/frequency is a preference thing and will vary between individuals. If you're hungry though Greek yogurt is easy, leftovers, cold veggies and dip, hard boiled eggs, a sandwich etc etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Foods you do like? There is no rule you can only eat certain foods at certain times of day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I absolutely hate cereals and oatmeal and I'm not too keen on eggs either, what the heck do I eat for breakfast? My go to is a bagel and cream cheese or I grab a muffin and coffee from one of the cafes on my campus ! Any suggestions for a healthier breakfast ?

Breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast food"...use your imagination...or don't eat breakfast.

We make a lot of stews and whatnot this time of year...I often have leftovers for breakfast. In the summer I often like to grill fish for breakfast...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Forget breakfast food. There's no logic to it and it was invented by breakfast food companies. Eat what you want.

I have sandwiches, tuna and courage cheese on crackers, soup, leftovers, sir fry...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I used to force myself to eat breakfast back in the day when the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" was popular.

Then I realized how stupid it was for me to force myself to eat when I wasn't in the slightest bit hungry.

So now my first meal of the day is between 1 and 2 in the afternoon. Skipping breakfast leaves me enough room in my calorie budget for a good lunch and dinner, and a few yummy snacks in the evening. :)
  • msjennifersantana
    msjennifersantana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You could eat fruit or almonds!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options

If you hate it ... don't eat it.

During the week, I don't eat breakfast.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you need something quick, easy, and portable for breakfast try a meal alternative/replacement. I eat Soylent for breakfast and lunch.

Soylent is vegan and provides 20% of daily nutrition. It comes in powder or prepared form.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food. Eat leftovers from the night before or something.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't get from the OP whether she doesn't want to eat breakfast, or just doesn't like breakfast food. It's not clear, so no real point in arguing one vs the other.

OP, if you don't want breakfast but eat it because you are "supposed to", then don't. If you can't get through to lunch without it, then just find some food you like that fits your calorie goals and don't worry about it not being breakfast food.

Your choice based on your personal preferences.