Feeling down

Options
Sometimes I feel like I'm too young to be so worried about macros and what I weigh. I'm only 19, but I have a good time counting my macros. I honestly enjoy it! But when I can't hit my macros, like I really haven't been able to do since I came home from college for winter break, I get upset and worries I'm going to gain weight. I dont know what I'm looking for, I just wanted to put my feels out there to some people who maybe understand because I don't have any family that would get what I'm saying. I won't be able to really track like I like to track (like cooking my own dinners and measuring everything that goes in my food) again until January 9th. Do you guys think this will really destroy all my progress? I've been weighing in at 134-137 for the past month or so. Sorry is this post is just dumb, and very rant-ish.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    People lose weight with all kinds of macro settings, it's getting a calorie deficit that counts. Did you mean that you went over your calorie goal? If so, have a look at your weekly total, if you are under what your maintenance level, it's still a good week IMO. If you went over maintenance (as I did), keep in mind that we're playing the long game here, looking to be fit and healthy for the rest of our lives. One indulgent week is almost immaterial.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Are you still eating at or under your calorie goal? If so, don't worry too much about your macros if there's nothing you can do about them now..Just remember you'll be back to your routine soon.