Injury - Need advice

I injured my ankle last Saturday while helping someone push their car. My foot hit a pot hole just right and I twisted my ankle really badly, pulled a calf muscle and skinned up my knees. Everything seems to be healing just fine except the anke. It's still stiff, sore and swollen. By the time I get done with work every day it's throbbing so I go home and elevate it and ice it.
Needless to say, I'm backsliding on my fitness in a major way. So my question for those who have sustained a similar injury, did you wait until all swelling and pain is gone, or just mostly. I don't want to extend my injury, but I also feel horrible about not doing cardio for what may be another couple weeks.

Blergh!

Replies

• SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Wait until it's fully healed, or you'll just make it worse in the long run and have to spend even more time recovering. Can you do upper body cardio only? Or weight lifting, which can be done sitting down?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    i'm nursing a bad knee, and i'm doing all upper body and core training, and some on my good leg. Lots of time in the pool . Ice your ankle every 2 hours for 20 minutes. im' icing mine at work , i dont wait til i get home, i bring an ice chest with me. Have you been to the Dr to get xrays to make sure its not broken? you should do that.