Thinking about buying a wii fit. any feedback?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit and I enjoy it. I like the balance games and the aerobics the best. As far as strength training, I don't think it would offer the level of strength training that you are looking for, but it does give you a pretty good workout and I like doing the daily body test.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit. I use it as my scale because it keeps track of what my weight has been since I started using it (a little over 1200 days now) and that is a cool thing to look at every so often.

The workouts are not hard to do, but I think of them more as fun (the obsticle course on it is a ton of fun, but doesn't really get your heart rate up).

Yoga is cool on it because the board lets you know if you have your body balanced correctly.

But I agree, for strength training resistance bands and weights will do more for you.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to step up my workout from the usual cardio and thinking of buying a wii fit. My gym does not offer classes and my work schedule makes it almost impossible to attend a class on a regular basis. I would most likely use it for strength training and yoga. Any feedback?
    If you want to step up your workout, the wii fit is not what you are looking for. I'd try to find some used weights instead.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be... buy--
    Convict Conditioning 1 www.amazon.com/dp/0938045768/
    Convict Conditioning 2 www.amazon.com/dp/B006PU2700/
    You are your own Gym www.amazon.com/dp/0345528581/

You'll have spent less than half the cost and if you follow them you will get many many many fold the results of wii fit in both cardiovascular and strength performance.

You could also pick up some dumbbells and kettlebells for the remainder of what you'd save over a wii and end up with a pretty decent starting training program.

You could probably even pick up the 7 minute work out for ipod/ipad/android and exceed the value of a wii fit... and that's like $1.99 I think.

We've had a wii fit for years, it's nearly worthless unless you do nothing and need somewhere private to start doing something and have no idea how to run, train, or do other exercises and can't google. It's very weak as far as training value goes.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have one. its more for fun then losing weight and the games and training sessions are very very short which doesn't allow you to work up any kind of sweat unless you keep doing it back to back. I usually do the games that involves running or jumping other than that nope....my daughter loves it though