Running Injury?

Options
I went from my beloved elliptical to the treadmill. Day one after switching I'm having right hip pain. Now I've read alot about what it is or could be, my question is should I wait until the pain goes away or continue? I have no problem pushing past it, I just want to avoid any further injury.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    my question is should I wait until the pain goes away or continue?

Pushing through joint pain tends to make it worse.

If you can't see a medical professional about it, check your running form with a video camera placed behind you, to see if your right leg is doing something different than your left. :+1:
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    my question is should I wait until the pain goes away or continue?

Pushing through joint pain tends to make it worse.

If you can't see a medical professional about it, check your running form with a video camera placed behind you, to see if your right leg is doing something different than your left. :+1:

This. I had hip issues whenever I ran 5-6+ miles. Went to a physical therapist that discovered my pelvis was misaligned and one leg was longer than the other significantly. So a professional should be consulted before continuing.

It should be noted that pain running is often due to a muscle imbalance, so in the mean time, I would do strengthening exercises.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Check it out with a professional and get an opinion on whether it is joint or muscle pain. A lot of treadmill runners have to take extra care of their hip flexors.