Sodium - how much water should I drink?

Options
I ate two crunchy Taco Bell beef tacos. How much water should I drink to flush out the sodium so I can get an accurate scale reading tomorrow?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It depends on the person/body. My last excess sodium day increased my weight by 5 pounds and I was guzzling water all day. I peed out everything two days later. Even if you have a weight spike, you know it's an outlier and you can weigh in again at a later date.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    It will probably take a couple of days for any fluid retention to disperse.

I probably wouldn't drink too much extra water if you are already drinking plenty. If you are not a big water drinker, drink a couple or so extra glasses. Just don't expect immediate results, tomorrow there may still be fluid retention.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    I thought you just posted in another thread that you drank water and staved off craving for taco's??

Anyway, I cant see the point of drinking any particular amount of water just to change tomorrows scale reading - scale readings fluctuate and doing that doesnt change your actual amount of fat loss.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work like that. The water will whoosh away when it wants, if there is any retained. Making sure you're properly hydrated helps but it's not instant "cure". Stop stressing about small fluctuations and if you can't then stop weighing daily.
  • loseweightPRO0820
    loseweightPRO0820 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    I ate two crunchy Taco Bell beef tacos. How much water should I drink to flush out the sodium so I can get an accurate scale reading tomorrow?

make sure to sleep well and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I thought you just posted in another thread that you drank water and staved off craving for taco's??

Anyway, I cant see the point of drinking any particular amount of water just to change tomorrows scale reading - scale readings fluctuate and doing that doesnt change your actual amount of fat loss.

I staved off a burrito craving. The taco dinner was the end of my daily calories.
    Thx, though.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.
  • paperpudding
    Options

I staved off a burrito craving. The taco dinner was the end of my daily calories.
    Thx, though.
    oh ok - tacos and burritos are interchangeable terms to me.

I guess that is a 'words meaning different things in different places' thing.
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Thx, though.

They are very different things but both Mexican. I just think in the UK (if that's where you are) we don't get as much or as good Mexican food here so our familiarity with the differences isn't as good.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Thx, though.

Tacos = Hard shell
    Burritos = soft wrap

Tha'ts how I've always differentiated them.
  • paperpudding
    Options

Thx, though.

They are very different things but both Mexican. I just think in the UK (if that's where you are) we don't get as much or as good Mexican food here so our familiarity with the differences isn't as good.

I am in Australia.

So is Christine - and she may well be right. I am not a big eater of mexican food so not really familiar with these terms.

For the purpose of clarifying my earlier post - i thought they were same things, which is why I didnt understand apparent contradiction in what OP was saying - but seems was just my misunderstanding of terms.

• VintageFeline
    Options

Thx, though.

Tacos = Hard shell
    Burritos = soft wrap

Tacos can be soft. They're open. A burrito is wrapped up. The contents are different too. I'm not an expert though to give a better breakdown, this is where Google is our friend.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    And now I want tacos.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Thx, though.

Tacos = Hard shell
    Burritos = soft wrap

Tacos can be soft. They're open. A burrito is wrapped up. The contents are different too. I'm not an expert though to give a better breakdown, this is where Google is our friend.

Aah good point.

I'm not interested enough to go Google it :tongue: