First exercise/workout of 2017

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What was your first exercise/workout of 2017? :)

Nothing yet, tore the ligaments on my right ankle last week, so a bit limited in my ability to do much at the moment :(

Oh no! I'm wondering about rowing, seems like it could be a possibility. Do you have access to a rowing machine by chance?

I have a Water tower, but the tank is in need of a repair.

I do have a turbo trainer that I'll be using fairly soon as I do need to keep my CV fitness up, with a Marathon in 10 weeks.

I'd never heard of a water rower before. Had to google. Interesting. We just bought each other a rowing machine for Christmas. Indispensable for all those times I have some kind of foot/ankle/leg injury. The bike stand comes in handy too. Good luck in that marathon!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bench pressed today and tried my new Maxi climber that Santa (husband) bought for me! I wore a 35lb vest and loved it! I completed 30 minutes of hiit training and was dripping with sweat when I finished!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Chest Day w/ some Shoulder work. I'm working toward testing 1RM next week, so it was a heavy day.
  • jarambar
    jarambar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Snow has driven me back to the gym. StrongLifts 5x5 and Turkish get ups.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Walking yesterday, weights today, swimmimg tomorrow.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    9km jog yesterday.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    P90X chest & back and ab ripper yesterday. Nothing yet today - still at work.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    New Years Day I did 55 minutes of circuit training with my trainer, with a 5 min rowing warm up and 5 min rowing cool-down, then I went on a 30 minute leisurely bike ride with the kiddo. I'll be hitting the gym to swim tonight, wondering how crowded it's going to be.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hit the weight room yesterday. Road for an hour on the trainer today. I didn't do crap on New Years day except sit on the couch and watch football and play some card games with my kids.
  • kpbenoit
    kpbenoit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Athlean-X strength training!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I did a 6000m row yesterday. My 500m split times have improved by 38 seconds since I started rowing just over a month ago, so I'm happy. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Did trail maintenance yesterday. I'm fairly new to this trail and noticed the previous time that after a heavy rain I needed to walk on the bank in some washed-out sections and that these were overgrown.

Today was back day at the gym. Am thinking about practicing yoga tonight.
  • EmilyHops
    EmilyHops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New years day I beat my 10k PB (by 8 minutes!), so chuffed!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Yesterday, I did back squats, front squats, split jerks, and a few deadlifts.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I ran .89 miles which is the furthest this chubby old outta shape lady has run since middle school and I followed that up by body strength exercises.

• scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rode my horse the 1st and 2nd, weight lifting at the gym this AM.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    scg17 wrote: »
    Rode my horse the 1st and 2nd, weight lifting at the gym this AM.

That is so cool !!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to have an aerial hammock class last night but it got cancelled, so I hit the treadmill today!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Did stronglifts yesterday. Not sure what I am doing today...maybe a DVD, who knows?!