Negative adjustments

For the life of me, I can't find the setting to enable and disable negative adjustments?! I've gone home - settings - diary settings as per my Google searching but there is no tickbox for this.

Could some lovely person help me out please?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Try going straight here. I copied the link from my pc. Which are you using, phone or computer?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    I've tried the computer and just logged in via the browser on my phone. Yes that is where I am going but I don't sedan adjusmenr option. I must be blind!
  • Christine_72
    I've tried the computer and just logged in via the browser on my phone. Yes that is where I am going but I don't sedan adjusmenr option. I must be blind!

That's odd. When i go there, negative adjustments is in between "meal names" and "Diary sharing". Under Calorie Adjustments:
  • hellobaconplease
    24fcxh5.png
  • Christine_72
    Hopefully someone will come in who knows the ins and outs of this. Calling @CyberTone

This is what I see:
    h9v5vrxdqc4j.png
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Maybe a silly question, but do you have a fitness tracker linked to your MFP account?
  • Christine_72
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question, but do you have a fitness tracker linked to your MFP account?

Oh good question!

• hellobaconplease
    I did do so but that was about 6 months ago (fitbit charge HR). I've disconnected myfitnesspal from fitbit.

I'm trying to disable negative calories, I want to use mapmywalk and it's minusing a lot because I don't have it active all day. I'm only wanting to track purposeful exercise, so if I go for a nice brisk walk etc.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    If I remember correctly (been awhile since I used MMW) - you need to turn it off except for when you are doing purposeful exercise (your brisk walking). Otherwise it's working as a pedometer on your phone and sending those steps over just like a Fitbit would. I think (and am not sure) I decided it was easier to unsync them and just log the exercise on MFP manually.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    I did do so but that was about 6 months ago (fitbit charge HR). I've disconnected myfitnesspal from fitbit.

I'm trying to disable negative calories, I want to use mapmywalk and it's minusing a lot because I don't have it active all day. I'm only wanting to track purposeful exercise, so if I go for a nice brisk walk etc.

I haven't heard this situation before. I would try re-syncing the Fitbit account, then disabling negative adjustments, then unsyncing the Fitbit account. If that doesn't work, I would suggest opening a Case with Customer Support so that they can have the database admins look at disabling it (which could take a couple days depending on how busy the admins are).

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • hellobaconplease
    I only turned on mapmywalk the once, while I was walking, it then took about 400-ish cal off my daily fitnesspal allowance (sorry I work in kilojoules) when I did a sync.

Hmm frustrating! Thanks for all your ideas and I will update if I ever fix it.
  • hellobaconplease
    I got fitbit and myfitnesspal to communicate again but there is still no option for adjusting negative calories. I even changed my units to calories from kilojoules just in case. This is super annoying.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    I got fitbit and myfitnesspal to communicate again but there is still no option for adjusting negative calories. I even changed my units to calories from kilojoules just in case. This is super annoying.

I think you might as well open a Case so that it gets put in the queue to get looked at. The only other thing I could think to try is to unsync all other apps from MFP and leave the Fitbit synced for a few hours or overnight so that all of the MFP systems and routers have a chance to authenticate the changes to your account (especially if you're not in the US - it can sometimes take some time for the different servers around the world to re-authenticate). You will get a form email response from Customer Service right away with a Case number. Then you can track that Case and update it either via email or from online.