Any other ppl cutting? I'd like some new friends

Looking for friends who are going through a cut after a bulk. Anyone out there?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I'm competing in may, so technically cutting...
  • ramirezgina9916
    ramirezgina9916 Posts: 1 Member
    How do you cut? I have to start because i will start competing soon
  • livingleanlivingclean
    How do you cut? I have to start because i will start competing soon

Cutting implies losing fat - generally calorie deficit and increased output. Surely if you're considering competing you've looked in to process, even employed a coach?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    That would be me. I got down to 107 pounds without trying to and knew I needed to gain muscle. I bulked up to 118 and now I'm down to 113. My goal is 110 until the summer when I'm going down to 108ish for long distance running in the Spring/Summer.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    I'm cutting shortly. I get the new year out of the way and get back in to a routine. My goals are based around my martial arts but still keep my bf% in check while also work on flexibility & strength.
  • chrisoldroyd
    chrisoldroyd Posts: 42 Member
    So I need stats to motivate me, I am starting my cut today and want to shed fat but measure it too. I have had little success trying to use calipers to measure body fat % and end up at 25% one day and 10% the next. Plus it's such a faff to do.

I know scales are not accurate but are they accurate enough to see if it's heading in the right direction? If I weigh myself and log my bf % every day at the same time will it accurately show the drop in bf% or is it still as widely inaccurate as my calipers?
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    I honestly look at my body visually and can see the difference in my abs as I lose fat. I'm not competing, so I don't need exact percents, but when I feel satisfied, I'll definitely ask my former PT to measure me on the Tana machine and see what my new composition is compared to last April.

My NY resolution, is to stay away from the scale and go by measurements, visual cues and how clothes fit.

I'm a scale junky and always kept my weight around 125 lbs and I'm 5'8"...was thin with little muscle mass at that weight. I weighed myself before xmas and I was 131.5 lbs. Had a good bulk.

Scale is off limits until I get my body dysmorphia under control. I don't want to end up skinny again.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    edited January 2017

It would take you five months to cut?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    serapel wrote: »

Doesn't sound out of line if she's cutting to contest-ready levels. Especially if she's doing it without "assistance".
  • livingleanlivingclean
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    serapel wrote: »

Doesn't sound out of line if she's cutting to contest-ready levels. Especially if she's doing it without "assistance".

No assistance, completely natural.... And the beginning of may is only 17 weeks. 16-20 week preps are common, probably more common than the old 12 week prep.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    So I need stats to motivate me, I am starting my cut today and want to shed fat but measure it too. I have had little success trying to use calipers to measure body fat % and end up at 25% one day and 10% the next. Plus it's such a faff to do.

I know scales are not accurate but are they accurate enough to see if it's heading in the right direction? If I weigh myself and log my bf % every day at the same time will it accurately show the drop in bf% or is it still as widely inaccurate as my calipers?

Whilst calipers aren't accurate, if you get someone else (with half a clue as to what they're doing) to measure you, the numbers should be precise enough to give you an indication of whether you're going in the right direction or not. The actual % isn't going to be right, but at least you can see it changing!