Any other mom's with young kiddos?

Options
My youngest just turned one so it's time to get off the baby weight plus some more! I weigh 215lbs as of today, and I'm highly motivated to get down to 160lbs. This is my last year in my 20's and I'd love to get healthy for my family, and have more energy to run around chasing these youngsters...no excuses. Please add me if you want support and to cheer each other on. (Also, I am an expat in China which makes things a bit more difficult, but doable!)
Here is my plan:
-Starting off with T25 workout for 30 minutes a day- no excuses even if I'm tired.
-Eating fruits, vegetables and lean proteins, for the first two weeks...after that adding in whole grains.
- do the couch to 5 k program and run my first race this year.

Replies

• Lexie8413
    Lexie8413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 10 month old daughter. I'm also trying to get the baby weight off plus a little more. I'm still breastfeeding so it's going to be a little bit of a challenge. I'm going to a lot of HIIT workouts and eat fruits vegetables lean protein and healthy carbs. I'm scared to cut carbs completely because I don't want to lose my milk supply. I also want to try the couch to 5k program as well.
  • themousevn
    themousevn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Let's motivate each other! I am a mom to a 2.5 year old and also an expat - living in Vietnam ☺ I Need to shed about 5kgs to feel like myself again.
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lexie8413 wrote: »
    Hi! I have a 10 month old daughter. I'm also trying to get the baby weight off plus a little more. I'm still breastfeeding so it's going to be a little bit of a challenge. I'm going to a lot of HIIT workouts and eat fruits vegetables lean protein and healthy carbs. I'm scared to cut carbs completely because I don't want to lose my milk supply. I also want to try the couch to 5k program as well.
    In also breast feeding, and I think that's part of the reason my body is hanging on to the extra fat. It was so much easier for me the last time after I weened my baby. Determined we can do it together!!!
  • kharmon2013
    Options
    Mom of 6 here with a new 7 week old. Need to lose the rest of my baby weight. Definitely want my strength and fitness level back from before baby. I had a c-section so taking it slow going back into exercise.
    I had a c section too, partly why I really enabled to wait a whole year to let my body get back together before really working out hard. Enjoy your little!
  • kharmon2013
    Options
    themousevn wrote: »
    Hi!!! Let's motivate each other! I am a mom to a 2.5 year old and also an expat - living in Vietnam ☺ I Need to shed about 5kgs to feel like myself again.

Yay! We can do it!!!
  • B28Elliott
    B28Elliott Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    my youngest is 16 months old and my middle kiddo is 26 months!! 10 months apart!!! I've lost alot of my baby weight but the holidays have been kicking my toosh...I may or may not have gained 10 pounds over the past 3 months..ughhhhhhhhh!! we can all get it off though:)
    feel free to add me:)
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm a mom of a 4 month old and I need to get back to pre pregnancy weight. Which means I have to lose about 20 pounds! I'm determined! So please add me! :D
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey all can I join in? I'm breastfeeding as well. My LO will be 6 months on the 8th
  • kjenni1973
    kjenni1973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi mom of 3 here 4 year old boy 2 and a half year old boy and a month old girl im currently at 205lbs looking to get to 160 and be more active with my kids id love to tram up for support.
  • amp3435
    amp3435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm 32 yrs old and have a soon to be 5yr old. currently 237 with an end goal of 160 as well. please feel free to add me!
  • Kerriecandothis
    Kerriecandothis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine are older, my youngest is 6 and I have a ten yr old and an almost 15! I'm 33 next month and I want to lose around 40lbs if anyone wants to add me
  • babyweightagain3
    babyweightagain3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine are 3, 21 months and 5 weeks. Add me!
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So many similar goals here! I'm a mom of a 2 year old and a 7 month old and now I want to get healthy to chase them and enjoy an active life! I'm at 245 and want to get down to 170. We can absolutely do this! Feel free to add me.
  • thelazyass
    thelazyass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 3 year old and 17 month old. I'm 150lbs and 15 of that is remaining baby weight though my goal weight is 115. Please add me! I need motivation because as you know, being a mommy makes it so easy to let yourself and your goals go.

Good luck to you all! :)
  • pixieflower00
    pixieflower00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to an almost 15. Mth old and I am looking to lose about 50 lbs. I've been putting this off for far too long!! Add me if anyone likes
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Another mommy here! I have a 14 month old and 20lbs of baby weight, although I started the pregnancy over goal weight so really it's more than that. Thinking of no.2 this year so have a goal of 28lb's by March 15th, I'm 220lb's at the moment so feel like it's tough but possible...or am i deluded!? Anyone else pregnancy planning?
  • lindsayfrog1980
    lindsayfrog1980 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all, mum here to a 5 month old, 4 and 6 year old and am back to work next month. Would like to lose 4-5 stone whatever that is in pounds and knowing I'm not having any more kids I have no more excuses ! Trying to find time during the day to eat healthy rather than grab some rubbish food out of the fridge or cupboard is my main battle !
    Would love more mummy friends ! Add me x
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Welcome! Older mom here (8, 10 and 12 year olds), and I wish you all the best of success as you move forward!

One note OP-you don't need to do such a drastic eating plan starting out-there's no need to cut out any foods you like! The only thing that you need to do, to lose weight, is eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. You can definitely still eat grains and such right from day one :) Focus on doing this whole thing in a realistic and sustainable way!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom of 6 here (ages 9mo--12 yrs), breastfeeding the youngest. OP, I'd like to ditto what crzycatlady1 said above-- weight loss is really all about how many calories you eat. Eat what you want, fit it into your calorie goal (once you figure out what that is- keep in mind that breastfeeding does burn quite a lot), and exercise when you can for health, but eat at least some of those exercise calories back. At least, that's what I've found to be the most helpful.

I'm also thinking about running my first race this year! We'll see!

Best wishes on your weight loss journeys, moms.