Calorie Counting Book? (offline calorie counting)

Options
Hi all,
I'm not going to have access to internet at all for a long time.
Does anyone know of a book with calorie information to take the place of logging on myfitnesspal?

I'm specifically looking for:
1) calorie counts (i don't care as much about macros, though it would be nice to see that too)
2) food measured in 100 gram portions (i keep seeing books that list food portions as "a chunk" or "a medium...")
3) a book that has information about fresh foods (raw chicken, fruits, vegetables, etc). anything packaged i can just look at the label myself. i also don't need any fast food entries.

so... does anyone know of anything that meets the above criteria?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Will you still have a computer that doesn't have internet access? Are you taking a laptop?

I use DietOrganizer as a second food tracking program. It hasn't been updated for a couple of years but is available as a free download.

ETA: I think that you do need internet access to download the program to a device (it seems to require that it loads from the server) but it works offline after that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    A food scale I bought years ago came with a small booklet that had the calories of a lot of basic whole foods. It was from Ozerie and should list grams (I'll check at home). For packaged foods, you're going to have to take note of the calories and any other nutriton information you'd want in a notebook.

I started out writing my calories years ago.
  • crystal479
    crystal479 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    just buy packet food with the calories on them
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions!
    @seska422 i never heard of DietOrganizer before- that may be helpful! thank you :)
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    This publication is from 2002. It is an oldie, but a goodie. It is 104 pages chock full of food tables by volume, weight, and nutrient information. You can either print it, or do a word search of the PDF.

USDA Nutritive Value of Foods, Home and Garden Bulletin Number 72

https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400525/Data/hg72/hg72_2002.pdf