Bruising after weight lifting sessions

Options
trudie_b
trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
edited January 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone else get this? I'm not anemic, in good health other than fibromyalgia (which is under control). But when I lift weights, I get little bruises over the area of the muscles I've worked hard. I did a leg day on Saturday, and now my thighs look terrible, I have little bruises peppering each leg. It's not from hitting myself, or putting pressure on by laying on my side, for example, I can only assume it's being caused by the microtears in the muscles. I do bruise easily anyway, but I just wondered if anyone else gets this.

dsyanp334c2d.jpg

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Nah, that's a new one on me. The only bruises I ever got were on the shoulders from squatting, and the thighs deadlifting.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Are you on any meds for the fibro? I'm on a variety of meds for an autoimmune condition and they make me bruise very easily- I get bruises appearing when I'm not aware I've injured myself!
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Are you on any meds for the fibro? I'm on a variety of meds for an autoimmune condition and they make me bruise very easily- I get bruises appearing when I'm not aware I've injured myself!

Yes I am, lyrica (pregabalin) and amitriptyline, although very low doses of both.