What is your all time favorite movie and why??

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump, because Duh..It's Forrest Gump and My Cousin Vinny in 2nd place :)

winner! love those films! add ' something about mary',too!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    pulp fiction.
    it's tarantino at his finest. and it's like a puzzle.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride. "As you wish..."

INCONCEIVABLE!

i do not think that word means what you think it means.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Caddyshack
    National Lampoon's Vacation
    Stripes
    Bridget Jones's Diary
    Dodgeball
    Bridesmaids

Why? Because I like to laugh.
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    The newest Batman trilogy, because I'm in love with Christian Bale's chin.
  • whitlisd
    whitlisd Posts: 85
    Options
    Titanic. I have a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio and their love story was awesome.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Shawshank Redemption
    Catch me if you can
    Bad Santa
    Lord of the rings trilogy (except the parts with Frodo--I fast forward)
    Bond- only Pierce Brosnan
    Fast & Furious---car chases duh
    He's just not that into you
    Breakfast Club
    Starship Troopers- how hot were Diz and Carmen
    Grumpy old men
    American History X
    Fargo
    The Departed
    Gladiator
    Full metal jacket
    Dodgeball
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    #1 Top Gun, cuz duh, flying jets at high speeds, cool! And how can one NOT love the greatest pickup SONG of the decade "You lost that lovin' feeling"

#2 Everafter cuz Drew Barrymore "just breathe" and she kicks a** with her sword! "My father was an excellent swordsman, monsieur. He taught me well. Now hand me that key or I swear on his grave I will slit you from navel to nose!" And of course, she ends up with her handsome prince AND her evil stepmother Anjelica Houston ends up on laundry duty! I do believe Angelica Houston played her part very well, loved how she just "floated to the floor" when called to explain her actions to the Royals !!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How can you only have ONE? I'm not sure I can pick my favourite from this MONTH, let alone all time. If I was forced to pick only one to watch for the rest of time, though... Rocky Horror Picture Show, because then I could SING...
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    'Legends of the Fall" has always been my favorite movie. My girlfriends and I had a theory that all men you meet will fall into three categories: Samuel, Alfred, or Tristan.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    The Goonies...makes me feel 8 years old again :bigsmile:
  • Doxeydoxie
    Doxeydoxie Posts: 75
    Options
    Peter Jackson's "The Lord Of The Rings". Because the movie is excellent to stupendous in every way; casting, acting, location, camera work, cg effects, everything. Seeing my all time favorite books made into great movies was worth the long wait. (I'm one of those fans who re-reads the whole thing every five years or so.)

YES!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My all time favourites are:

Twister
    Deep Blue Sea (I :heart: shark movies)
    Serenity
    The Princess Bride
    Rocky Horror Picture Show

I'm a HUGE fan of action movies, especially the Expendables and RED (plus I have a huge crush on Bruce Willis :love:).

I am also a bit of a sci-fi geek so the Star Trek movies and the original Star Wars have to be up there
  • Blacksunshine1
    Blacksunshine1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Long Kiss Goodnight.... Geena Davis was bad *kitten*
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Singin' in the Rain. Or at the holidays....White Christmas. perfect musicals. perfect casts.
  • _skinnydreaming
    Options
    Terminator 2, as it's beautifully perfect in every way.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Peter Jackson's "The Lord Of The Rings". Because the movie is excellent to stupendous in every way; casting, acting, location, camera work, cg effects, everything. Seeing my all time favorite books made into great movies was worth the long wait. (I'm one of those fans who re-reads the whole thing every five years or so.)

YES!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

not my absolute favorite films...but near the top of my list. I re read the books every few years too...get something new out of them each time.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    its a tie between Lords of Dog Town and Donnie Darko, but my favorite genre is scifi/action
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I can't really pick one, but I decided a while ago that when I was asked this question I would say The Lion King. So The Lion King.
    It's just a great movie. It has everything. I loved it the first time I saw it when I was about 6 years old, and loved it the literally hundreds of times I've watched it since then. Never fails to make me laugh, also never fails to make me cry. Always good for cheering me up (minus that one part lol)

I could type a list as long as my arm of my fave movies, but I limit it to just the one now :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Love Actually Just because. I have others which rank high on the list such as Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd and Oliver. Yep I'm a bit of a musical lover.

Oh and any film with Alan Rickman in :)

that is a great choice. its not my favorite all time but it has moved to number 1 holiday movie for me...Die Hard is number 2 holiday movie.