Cauliflower Rice

Options
13»

Replies

• ajaysharma316
    ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I was surprised by how much I liked this. I like the texture of blitzed cauliflower raw, though the hubby prefers to zap in the microwave for 2 minutes. I usually use a half and half mixture with normal cooked white rice. I freeze in portions too. But do be careful with the container you use for freezing. I notice that the cauliflower can take on a plastic taste in some containers.

I normally freeze it in a zip lock bag if I am not eating it same day.
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make cauliflower rice all the time - but i do it a little differently: i add diced onion to the oil with the garlic, sauteing it until translucent and then additng the cauliflower - just a little different taste. I also buy green giant cauliflower crumbles and give them a whirl in my food processor - easier than the grater :)
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    and I have frozen the Green Giant Crumbles with no problem!!
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    awesome stuff :yum:
  • ajaysharma316
    ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I make cauliflower rice all the time - but i do it a little differently: i add diced onion to the oil with the garlic, sauteing it until translucent and then additng the cauliflower - just a little different taste. I also buy green giant cauliflower crumbles and give them a whirl in my food processor - easier than the grater :)

addomg garlic and onion does make it yummier.
  • mistymw1
    mistymw1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does it hold it's shape, or does it get mushy? I also have a hard time breaking from white rice. Puerto Rican dishes use it frequently, it was a staple in our diet growing up. I would love to find a healthy alternative.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    mistymw1 wrote: »
    Does it hold it's shape, or does it get mushy? I also have a hard time breaking from white rice. Puerto Rican dishes use it frequently, it was a staple in our diet growing up. I would love to find a healthy alternative.

It can be however you like it. If you like it to have more bite, then just cook it less. If you like mushy, cook it longer.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Green giant makes riced broccoli and cauliflower too...I stir fried it in sesame oil with a bunch of spiralized squash and zucchini, onion garlic, sliced chicken breast, splash of sesame ginger marinade and sriracha....delish!