Starting again.

Options
This isn't my first time here. Some of you know this. I have decided tough to make this the best time and make this work for me. I intend to use this to the fullest. So today is the first day, and I am feeling confident and ready!

Replies

• Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back!!!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am starting again too. I have created a blog on blogger and will post every day Progress, Successes and Fails. I am not afraid of Failing. I am giving my self a year to complete my goal.

weight.png

My goal is to increase endurance and eat healthy while losing weight. My goal is to increase my quality of life.
    My journey is less about numbers (calories - scale) although import to achieving my goal I am more interested in increasing all forms of activity fitness and social.
    http://linettedoodysharrow.blogspot.com/
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    starting again. 40 lbs lost 17 regained. Here I go to 27 more lost and staying there!
  • vanderzwan
    vanderzwan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting again. Sadly I am at my heaviest ever. Can somebody tell what it means a group is closed? Do you have to accepted or are there too many members? Just curious. This is a little confusing feed.
  • shadowhorse03
    shadowhorse03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I see I am not alone. I am sure this is something we can all do! I do have a question though. Perhaps one of you could answer for me. On our log, when I put in my exercise for the day. It ups my calories. Wouldn't that keep me at my present weight?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I see I am not alone. I am sure this is something we can all do! I do have a question though. Perhaps one of you could answer for me. On our log, when I put in my exercise for the day. It ups my calories. Wouldn't that keep me at my present weight?

Mfp calculates calories using non exercise activity so it's designed for you to eat back your exercise calories. It tends to overestimate how much you really burn so eating back 50-75% should be fine.

Basically when you selected sedentary, lightly active or whatever you chose, its based on your day to day activity EXCLUDING purposeful exercise.

Hope that helps.
  • winter_wanderlust88
    Options
    Today is my first day back as well. I was here a few years ago. Feel free to add me :)
  • shadowhorse03
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks leangogreen18. It did, I am going to get me a fitbit to help count my calories burned. Welcome winter-wanderlust88!

• shadowhorse03
    Options
    I don't know how to add friends? Can some one help me?
  • nanpask
    nanpask Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Go to friends, then request then email the type name of who you want to friend then press the check mark
  • ness1030
    ness1030 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm back too, I've been on and off for a few years. I'm determined this time, I'm getting too old to keep doing this, lol.
  • BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This isn't my first time here. Some of you know this. I have decided tough to make this the best time and make this work for me. I intend to use this to the fullest. So today is the first day, and I am feeling confident and ready!

I am also starting again! Not tracking had me gain a bit back, and I was feeling great. The holidays are the best excuse for me to gain weight. No more! Kudos for getting back here and let's make this our year!
  • SteppingUp4Health
    Options
    Great job! Every meal is a chance to "start fresh". Happy New Year!