Replies

• PandraBear
    PandraBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    27773653.png
  • Kylan_H
    Kylan_H Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kylan and I'm 20. I am currently trying 189.9 and want to be at 150-160 by June. What I do is I do the "Countdown Workout" everyday after breakfast. You basically do 10 pushups, 10 jumping jacks, 10 jump ropes, 10 squats, and 10 squats. Then you start over and do 9 of each. Then you start over and do 8 of each and so on. It takes about 20 minutes and I burn about 150 calories doing so. I also am sure to drink 10 cups of water a day and be sure to finish eating by 7:00
  • pjtremblay
    pjtremblay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds like what I need!
    I'm at my heaviest right now, about 200lbs :(. I'm 5'7, and a mom to 2.
    I would love to lose 30lbs by June.
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    caron6055 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Caron, I am 52 years old, 5'8" and weigh 217 lbs. I lost it all a couple of years ago with a healthy eating plan, but an operation on my foot and some other health problems led me to put it all back on over the last 18 months. I can't do too much in the way of exercise so it has to be calorie controlled. I would love to be able to give and receive a bit of support. I would like to get to 160 lbs by end of July.

Hi there! I'm pretty much hoping for the same amount to lose. It's definitely doable. A lot of hard work and a lot of time to mentally prepare yourself that IT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU! That's a lot to lose and I am glad we're around the same. I've lost 7 pounds so far and am at 203 right now. I'm hoping to get close to 150 by then!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    Kylan_H wrote: »
    Hi I'm Kylan and I'm 20. I am currently trying 189.9 and want to be at 150-160 by June. What I do is I do the "Countdown Workout" everyday after breakfast. You basically do 10 pushups, 10 jumping jacks, 10 jump ropes, 10 squats, and 10 squats. Then you start over and do 9 of each. Then you start over and do 8 of each and so on. It takes about 20 minutes and I burn about 150 calories doing so. I also am sure to drink 10 cups of water a day and be sure to finish eating by 7:00

Hi Kylan! That's awesome. I've always wanted to try a countdown workout. I see some all the time on Pinterest. I'll have to look for some other ones and give yours a try too!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    pjtremblay wrote: »
    This sounds like what I need!
    I'm at my heaviest right now, about 200lbs :(. I'm 5'7, and a mom to 2.
    I would love to lose 30lbs by June.

We got this!!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    So yesterday I ate healthy, but was over my calorie intake. I haven't gone over since I started and I was okay with that. Now that I know where I went over, I can try and control things a little better today!
  • mdg2188
    mdg2188 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started my journey last week because I'm tired of being unhealthy and unfit. I'm ready to make that change! I want to lose 40lbs by June that would be awesome! Lets motivated and help each other. I know this wont be easy but I was super happy to see I was down 3lbs in a week with a strict diet and exercise everyday! We can do it 2017 is our year! Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    mdg2188 wrote: »
    Hi, I started my journey last week because I'm tired of being unhealthy and unfit. I'm ready to make that change! I want to lose 40lbs by June that would be awesome! Lets motivated and help each other. I know this wont be easy but I was super happy to see I was down 3lbs in a week with a strict diet and exercise everyday! We can do it 2017 is our year! Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other!

That's exactly how I feel!! I said New Years Day "2017 is my year to shine!" Having motivation for me is key....it's always good to see what other people are doing and to help one another out throughout the week. We got this!
  • jcap737
    jcap737 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, new to the post/challenge. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI. The first step for me is to get out of the "obese" range and into the "overweight" range, LOL! I'm 5'6" so my 1st goal weight is 185 lbs. That means I need to lose 36.2 lbs... by the summer sounds good!

starting weight / current weight / goal weight:
    236.4 / 221.2 / 185
  • PandraBear
    Options
    jasmyne737 wrote: »
    Hello, new to the post/challenge. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI. The first step for me is to get out of the "obese" range and into the "overweight" range, LOL! I'm 5'6" so my 1st goal weight is 185 lbs. That means I need to lose 36.2 lbs... by the summer sounds good!

starting weight / current weight / goal weight:
    236.4 / 221.2 / 185

So I just checked https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html and I have to lose 15 pounds to get INTO the 'obese' category, and 83 to get into 'overweight.' I'm telling myself to just do my best and not focus on the label. Hopefully that's enough for me.
  • PandraBear
    Options
    27773653.png

Not a great week. Immense extra stress, caved in a little to some of my cravings.
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am 63 years old and it is really difficult to get weight off at this age. What doesn't help much is that I haven't been exercising and have been eating everything that I shouldn't. So this weekend, I got back in charge of what I am eating (MFP) and have gone to the gym the last three days. I am 5 ft. 9 in. and weigh 186. I would love to lose 40 pounds by summer. With a trip to Mexico the end of June, I want to look fabulous and make my husband proud. I can't wait to get motivated and help all of you also.
  • ashleycordsen
    ashleycordsen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it is halfway through January but id love to join this challenge! I am 27 and am the biggest I've ever been. My current goal is to lose 15 lbs by June.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you don't mind me joining so late in Jan.

I'm 31, 210lbs and have an ultimate goal of around 135 (flexible number depending on look/feel etc). I made it to 149lbs once but health issues got in the way and comfort eating etc got me back higher than my original start weight.

I'm on medication at the moment which is known for extreme weight gain as well as increased risk of diabetes and heart disease - as I have a family history of both I could do without the added risk from my weight! Because of this medication though, I'm expecting my weight loss to be painfully slow and have set myself a target of 50lbs by the end of the year which means down 25lbs by June - that will take me to 185lbs. If I can lose it quicker - even better but I'll start with the lower number!

I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday after nearly a year of no exercise due to health problems so I'm hoping completing that will build my stamina back up and I can get back in to things - right now that 25 mins a day feels like an hour I'm so unfit. I think one of my hardest challenges will be remembering to eat. My other medication has killed my appetite so I just don't get hungry and forget. I'm cutting chocolate out of my diet so I can't go and binge on that which should help a lot.
  • peggym214
    peggym214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Peggy, 55, I am looking to lose 30 to 40 by June. My motivation is not easy but started up again at the gym 4 days a week and eating healthier. Please include me in this. Lets Do This !!!
  • hawaiiheart44
    hawaiiheart44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Crystal and I am a single mother with 4 children, and a Kindergarten teacher. The good thing about my job is I get lots of steps every day!! I am also exhausted at the end of every day, so getting to the gym is not at the top of my mind. I lost 50 lbs last year, and gained 18 back after breaking my toe..........on my exercise bike! I am back at it, and I love challenges! I also started one at my elementary school last week. I am focused and ready to get back on track! I would like to lose 60 lbs by Summer. Logging my foods every day on MFP is essential to my success!!
  • julie8123
    julie8123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join in!
    My name is Julie and I'm a 20 year old college student. I used to be a healthy 120 pounds but after 7 years of eating disorders and weights ranging from 85 pounds to 165 pounds - I finally feel like I have recovered and I'm ready to get back to a healthy weight. I'm about 150 right now so I'm looking to lose 25-30 pounds.
    We can do this together!
  • kaialexander17
    kaialexander17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey im In! This challenge is actually one of the reasons I joined My fitness Pal...ive never felt comfortable in a bikini, and this is my current Goal, to get rid of that belly fat and look and feel fit and healthy and confident! I'm in!!!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in...I'm Jane and in my mids 40s. I have 32ish lbs to lose to be at goal weight but will be in a happy weight range once I lose 25 lbs. I was making great progress last year but then stopped tracking on MFP in October and my commitment to my workouts lessened at well. Since then I've gained 18 lbs which is crazy! I'm back fully committed as of this week. My food plan is doing the 5:2 eating plan (eat a little below maintenance 5 days a week & then 2 days a week "fast" at 500 calories). My fitness plan is yoga 3-4 times week, weight train 2 days a week, & running 1-2 days a week. I have had running related injuries every year for the past 4 years, so I am really focused on cross-training and injury prevention right now, doing a lot of exercises from the book Hit Reset Yoga.

Starting Weight: 167.7
    Current Weight: 161.4
    Goal Weight: 129
    Total Lost: 6.3
    To Go: 32.4