Need encouragement and advice for my weight loss journey

Tired of trying to do it on my own. My main reason for wanting to lose weight and be healthy is for my kids (and myself). Our family had several deaths in 2016 mostly due to health issues (diabetes, strokes, heart attacks) and it scared me enough to say it's time for me to do something about it. To me this won't be a diet but a lifestyle change. New Year New Me.

Replies

• calman803
    calman803 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been on Myfitnesspal for 646 days. March 2015 I was at my highest weight, I logged in everything, kept it under or at my calorie goal, walked everyday even if it was for only 20 minutes. In a short period of 45 days I lost 20 lb. That lasted over a year, then I started lying to myself. I didn't entered in all what I ate , when I did I pretended I walked enough to make the calorie intake/exercise equal out. Now I am back, I upgraded to premium status. I also decided not to include my exercise calories burned into my food intake. Here is not to 2017 but to change!! I am ready to change
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    You're not alone! There are thousands of great people here to support you! Good luck!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Well done on taking the first step, you can do this! Feel free to add me if you like, I'm happy to help if I can :smile: Good luck!