I'm just tired that's all.

Options
I've started a new diet every year for oh say 30 years. I've had success a couple of times. I'm 62 need to lose like 100lbs. I am just tired of the struggle. I am mentally fighting it. I know what to do I am just not very motivated, I do good for a month or so then find some excuse to go astray. Wow, very negative self talk. Can you ever make peace with food? Don't know. But I am beginning again.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've found that surrounding myself with people who share similar health and weight loss goals, either in real life or virtually online, really helps me maintain my motivation. Trying to lose weight is a very personal endeavor and it can be a lonely experience. But it doesn't have to be.
  • MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You have to take one day at time and not look at the big picture do small daily or hourly goals. Eventually it'll add up! Good luck!
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All good advice. I had a good week. My church is doing a 21 day fast. So my goal is to stay on my eating plan and give up Soda for the 21 days.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If it's important to you then just move forward with it...are those few pieces of chocolate or trips to mcdonalds really worth compromising your own happiness? Just be an adult and make responsible food choices.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Excellent goal @bobbi55.

Glad your first weeks are going well.

Don't be surprised if, when you go back to drinking soda, you have lost the taste for it.
    I was in Europe for 3 weeks when I first started losing weight and couldn't figure out how to order different sodas in 3-4 different languages so I would just order sparkling water- never went back to soda!
    I was someone who loved soda and wouldn't touch water so I surprised everyone including myself.

I honestly think it was an accidental main contributor to my weight loss.

Cheers, h.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This is me I spotted this I am tired and jumped in
    71 was energized but have a foot problem and pain
    I am tired very tired traveled over holidays to keep kids happy but they just understand I am getting older
  • ImKaren768
    ImKaren768 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Only advice I have been learning is...one bad meal or even one bad day shouldn't side track all your hard work. Dust off the bad day and keep going...
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice. I stayed on my eating plan the whole 21 days and more. I've lost 12lbs, I am starting to feel better. No soda pop and you were right really don't miss it. Onward to month 2.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Age is not a barrier I'm 69. What is a barrier is being impatient, this thing takes time and is somentho you need to do dayin day out. You will get there but not if you give up. Disinclined,patience,motivation and digital food scale are good combination of tools for the job. Good luck