Anybody else jump kicking diet w/ cabbage soup?

Just wondering if anyone else starting their new year weight loss journeys with the cabbage soup diet? I just feel like it's a great way to jump start my diet and help me get on track

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I've made the cabbage soup before, it's surprisingly tasty. I didnt follow the diet though, like bananas one day, meat on another. I just replaced higher calorie dinners and lunches with the cabbage soup 3-4 times a week. Admittedly, after i finished the pot I was sick and tired of the soup, i definitely could not eat it everyday.
  • tifsimmons91
    tifsimmons91 Posts: 84 Member
    Well I don't plan on actually eating cabbage soup for all 3 meals, just dinner each night for a few days to clean my system.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I ADORE the cabbage soup that is used in that diet....I've never followed the diet, but my grandfather did and the soup was available in a crock pot on my grandparents table for the taking of anyone who wanted it. I'm pretty sure I ate more of it than he did and to this day, I can still eat numerous bowls if I don't contain myself.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Well I don't plan on actually eating cabbage soup for all 3 meals, just dinner each night for a few days to clean my system.

And make you crop dust everywhere you go.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 848 Member
    I love cabbage anything, but had no idea that someone had crafted a diet around it. Seems weird, to be honest, and not really sustainable? That said, I'm always looking for a new cabbage soup recipe if anyone wants to share lol
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I like a home made veggie soup after I get glutenated. Full of nutrients but easy on my belly/body that is in so much pain.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    LenGray wrote: »
    I love cabbage anything, but had no idea that someone had crafted a diet around it. Seems weird, to be honest, and not really sustainable? That said, I'm always looking for a new cabbage soup recipe if anyone wants to share lol

It is weird......veggies one day....fruit the next......very low protein.

You don't want this recipe. At least in it's original (1980's Dolly Parton Diet) form. Back in the day many diets were very low fat.

Basically take a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix, canned or stewed tomatoes, chopped celery, chopped peppers, chopped onions and chopped cabbage.....add water. I had a co-worker who used this diet several times......she never seemed to keep the weight off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    LenGray wrote: »

I used this recipe. Ignore the stupid title, as there is nothing "Fat burning" about it, it's just low calorie and pretty filling.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13116/cabbage-fat-burning-soup/
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 848 Member
    @TeaBea That recipe...sounds pretty terrible. :lol: I definitely couldn't do low protein either, since I do a lot of strength training. I'm glad that the only 'diet' I've ever done is counting calories on MFP :)

@Christine_72 Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to give it a try. Cabbage is down to .39 at the market and I'm a huge fan of allrecipes stuff :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Can't stand cabbage so no idea why I would want it in a soup.....
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    I like cabbage in my soup. It's a cheap ingredient. In fact it's in my soup tonight :D Yay vegetarian soups <3