Food Allergies and Breastfeeding

So, my daughter has severe allergies. I have cut her allergens from my diet and I'm struggling with keeping my macros up. We are dairy,beef,pork,soy, fish (finned) free.

I use cashew milk instead of milk and have been restricted going on 8 months. I need food ideas

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    I had to cut a lot of foods from my diet when I was breastfeeding my daughter.

You can still eat poultry, eggs, shellfish, grains, vegetables, beans, nuts, tubers, yes?

What meals are you struggling with? There are plenty of meals I can think of with chicken, turkey, ground turkey, etc.
  • Yes, I'm just getting very bored. I did add in smoothies yesterday and I add flax to them.
  • Mainly dinners.

We rotate and have
    Tacos
    Chili
    Spaghetti
    Roasted chicken
    Fried chicken
    Sloppy Joes
    Bbq chicken
    Turkey meatloaf

I'm sure I'm missing something. I cool from scratch and we don't eat out often(cause it's about impossible) lol

If you have new food ideas I will love you forever
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    What about trying some Thai inspired dishes or Indian curries?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Or... here's an idea... go to this website. http://www.skinnytaste.com/

She has a search function, and you can pull up all her chicken dishes, or her pasta dishes, or her ground turkey dishes.
  • Thank you:) I tried a chicken curry once but my other kids don't like it. I will check her site out:) thank you
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    You're welcome. Try a tomato based curry. They might like that.

I forgot to add that for Asian based dishes, you can use lemon juice in place of soy sauce. The chef Ming Tsai has a child who is allergic to soy, and that's what he does when he's cooking at home.
  • I didn't know that!!! Thank you