Can't reach calorie goal

Options
Has anyone had trouble reaching daily calorie goals? My daily intake is 1850 and I have had about 1100 so far and I am not hungry. Which is odd. Should I eat a protein bar or something?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Protein bar and some ice cream sprinkled with nuts.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would eat a protein bar, but you don't have to. I was a bulimic in my 20s. Below 1200 calories is a danger zone for me mentally, unless I am physically ill.
    ETA: don't make a habit of it and if you continue to have less appetite than normal, please call your doctor.
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat some small but dense in calories like nuts .. You'll reach your goal in no time
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Is it a one time thing? Then feel free to roll some of those calories over to tomorrow, or just be short today. A lot of folks look at their calorie goal on a weekly basis, eating less on some days and more on others.

Or have your protein bar with a beer :drinker:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'll take them. :p
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    HvymetalMG wrote: »
    Has anyone had trouble reaching daily calorie goals? My daily intake is 1850 and I have had about 1100 so far and I am not hungry. Which is odd. Should I eat a protein bar or something?

Mine is 1810 and I generally get near there, and sometimes over. 1100 is considered too low, as it is below the minimum 1200 recommended as healthy. Maybe if you set your profile to an open diary, or open it to Friends, we can take a look and advise.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I aim to hit between 1600-1800, and have no trouble. Have you been focusing on eating low calorie foods? This does happen sometimes, mainly when people start with making changes like cutting out everything they think is "bad." Personally, I aim to hit my protein and fibre targets, along with vitamins and minerals, and then if I have some extra calories, I will have a treat of some sort. Tonight, it's cheese and a cookie or two.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Today is just one day. Maybe you aren't hungry today, but you will be tomorrow. It will usually even itself.out over the week. I doubt this is an ongoing problem, as you are trying to lose weight. Don't worry unless your appetite does not come back in a few days.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Sometimes folks when they first start counting and being mindful of their calories start recognizing being satisfied more than when they ate mindlessly.

Also if you aren't weighing your food you could be eating more than you think you are. I didn't use a food scale for my first 6 months but I pulled it out for 2 weeks and I was very surprised on a few items I was underestimating by 200 calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    200g of cashews will give you a lazy 1200 calories. They're crazy high calories!
  • Supawilkins
    Supawilkins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Listen man drink protein shake 300 calories in morning. Lunch eat a 500 calorie meal. Drink another protein 4 hours later then eat another 500 calorie meal.
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My protein bar helped get it up a little. I just had to appetite I made my diary public. Thanks