364 Days of Tracking Your Calories on MFP

Options
Does anyone want to join me in making a commitment to tracking your calories on MFP for every day of 2017?
I have been using MFP for several years and have lost over 70 pounds but still would like to lose about 30 more. I admit I have slacked off calorie tracking the last 5 weeks.
Do you want to join me in tracking calories every day? Maybe we can just report "yes" every day by using the discussion board and let each other know. If you want to you can add other positive thing you have done for that day also.

Replies

• SunshineSasha
    SunshineSasha Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I've had success on MFP too but last quarter of 2016 was really hit or miss.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Great to have two new friends to keep me accountable. I just came back from a long weekend away from home, so I was eating at restaurants for several days. Started back logging Tuesday,1/2/2017. Yes, yesterday I wrote down everything I ate. I still went over my calorie limit, but just a little bit. Later today, I will hit the gym since I have the day off.

How about you?

To let you know a bit about me, since we will become friends....I am in my 60's now. Losing weight is not as easy as it was when I was younger. Always a struggle, but I try to keep my weight down, but with holidays it has been difficult. Hit a long plateau starting April 2016 and have not lost anything since then. Inching up instead. Need to get back on the ball.

I work at a children's hospital, am married, live in California, and have 2 grown daughters. One of the daughters lives very close by, is married, a nurse, and has two children. Other daughter also lives in same city. I have been married to my husband for 39 years.

I do love to cook and have a good supply of low calorie recipes. Still snacking is my downfall.

Let me know if you want to become "friends" and use that to report to each other. The other option is just to use this discussion tool.

GreenValli
  • GreenValli
    Options
    Hi cnelmes and WindyCityGal,
    Hope you find your way back to this thread and we can support each other.
    After coming back from a weekend get away, I got serious about keeping MFP food diary and exercise. I have both recording all I have eaten and gone to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week. Hope you both are keeping your food diaries and eating healthy and low calorie foods.
    Please make contact when you have time.
    GreenValli
  • deblev25
    deblev25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'd like to join as well. My first mini goal was 100 days of tracking and I'm over 70 days so far! I'd love the challenge of doing it for all of 2017.

I'm in my 50's with two grown daughters as well. Both live close by and one is a nurse as well. She has three children and my other daughter has one so my grandchildren keep me busy and happy.

I feel like I've been trying to lose weight my entire life. I'd like to ideally lose about 50 lbs and I've been working with a nutritionist and using MFP which has lead me to a 7 lb loss since October. I'm trying to keep the mental attitude that losing it slowly is OK as it is teaching me good habits.

Let's motivate each other and keep the diaries going!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My wife just crossed over 500 I think.
  • GreenValli
    Options
    deblev25 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'd like to join as well. My first mini goal was 100 days of tracking and I'm over 70 days so far! I'd love the challenge of doing it for all of 2017.

I'm in my 50's with two grown daughters as well. Both live close by and one is a nurse as well. She has three children and my other daughter has one so my grandchildren keep me busy and happy.

I feel like I've been trying to lose weight my entire life. I'd like to ideally lose about 50 lbs and I've been working with a nutritionist and using MFP which has lead me to a 7 lb loss since October. I'm trying to keep the mental attitude that losing it slowly is OK as it is teaching me good habits.

Let's motivate each other and keep the diaries going!

Glad to meet you, deblev25 Congratulations of tracking 70 days already! You are on your way. Everyone, let's keep it going. Every day!

By the way, I have tried to send messages (mail) to both WindyCityGal and cnelmes, but somehow it just does not make contact. Hope to hear from you. If you go to the Home Tab, we should be able to send mail to each other. Please try and send me a message. I will try to reply as soon as possible. But maybe just posting on this forum will work for us.

I have done well this week, after coming back from a mini-vacation the week before and after extra holiday eating. Besides the food diary, I have gotten about 50 minutes of exercise on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today (Saturday). It has made a difference and the scale is going down a little bit.

Let's be encouraging one another. Share victories and struggles, but above all that you are being faithful to keep your food diary. That is the #1 tool of success from losing weight.

• three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just reached 613 days of logging so I have every intention on keeping up with it this year. I'm with you!
  • belllina
    belllina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just reached 613 days of logging so I have every intention on keeping up with it this year. I'm with you!

Wow! :o Good for you!

Count me in. Been logging since the end of last year.

• GreenValli
    Options
    Glad to have you join us, bellina and three36love. You both have been on your way. Others of you, how are you doing?

Today is my 7th day in a row tracking everything I have eaten. Keep it up all of you. Keeping a food diary is so key to weight loss. Even if you go over, do enter everything you have eaten or drank. Get back to logging the next day. You can do it!

Valli
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, mind if I tag along with you all. I stared MFP in May 2016, have logged every single day...and currently on day 246. I have lost 71 lbs in total over a number of years, 43 of which has been since I started with MFP. I have reached my first goal and currently pondering at what point to think about maintenance, but I do know one thing for sure, it's the commitment to logging and tracking that has worked for me and checking in with you all will certainly help me to stick with it
  • GreenValli
    Options
    Hi Roobyzooby,
    Great to have you post. Congratulations on meeting your goal. I have lost over 70 pounds, but still want to lose about 20-30 pounds more. I hope you will continue to post and let us know what you are doing for maintenance. It will be a help to me when I get there, too.
    You are very inspiring. I have done well but still slack off logging once in a while. This year I have made a commitment not to slack off even one day. Hope you will share some tips with us.
    Green Valli
  • GreenValli
    Options
    Hope everyone is continuing to log everything they consume, every day. I am up to day 12 now. How about the rest of you. Don't slack off or give up.