Weary

Options
5 years ago I lost 40lbs on a very low calorie diet. I have since had a baby and gained back all plus 10 lbs. I have 50 lbs to lose. I am terrified and setting myself up for failure because I have convinced myself that I will never lose eating 1300 calories a day. Why cant I trust that calories above 800 will still help you lose?!? Ugh

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Seek help. That is not healthy thinking.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You convinced yourself. Change your thinking. Read the boards it's not only possible it's happening.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You can probably eat 1500-1600 and still lose if you exercise. There are cool tools that can help you figure out how to eat below maintenance without starving. Here's one.. there's another one I like better but I think the link to it is in my work favorites. http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • krystenmcox33
    krystenmcox33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the posts. I have never dieted until that one time before so really I guess I am questioning IF one can lose weight without eating 1000 or below.
  • krystenmcox33
    krystenmcox33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind I eat far more than 1500 daily now.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the posts. I have never dieted until that one time before so really I guess I am questioning IF one can lose weight without eating 1000 or below.
    1000 or below daily isn't very healthy really. I personally didn't begin to lose weight in a manner that was sustainable and permanent until I came here and learned to stop dieting, and just start eating in a normal and healthy manner.

I could lose whenever I wanted to, I just couldn't keep it off.