Hello!!!Need to lose 15 lbs. Lemon water. Brown rice. Brocoli. Boiled eggs. Veggie soup. Day 2.

Options
amadnurse
amadnurse Posts: 25 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
HELP!!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Help because you've restricted your food choices so much you're already hating it?

Whilst you might be getting sufficient protein, carbs and fat, it sounds mighty dull. Is there a reason you've chosen these foods? Eating more "normally", with foods you enjoy, might make your weight loss more bearable and mean you'll have greater success because you can stick to it
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ^ also curious about question above.
    @amadnurse

How about some chicken with the brown rice for some fabulous protein? Are you a vegetarian? Is that why you're limiting the protein or do you only like eggs?

Why are you on this limited food selection? I see the "HELP!!" in your post but nothing else to indicate what type of help you're actually looking for. What are you hoping to achieve as your goal joining MFP?

Lemon water? It doesn't do anything in making weight go away...plus it's pretty hard on the enamel on your teeth. Water is good to drink but maybe skip the lemon or toss some slices in a glass of water.

Veggie soup? Is that the veggie soup diet that ppl eat for 2 weeks or something and that's all they eat? Boring plus if you try and lose 15lbs quickly you'll only be looking to lose it again once it comes back.

Not much more I can add since there's not much to your post. Maybe you can give a breakdown in what type of help you're looking for. :smile:
  • amadnurse
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi guys. Thx for your response. I said "help" because I love red meat esp Korean BBQ and sweets like boba drinks and apple pie with ice cream. Otherwise those food I listed are my normal food I eat. I'm a foodie so it's hard not to visit all the restaurants I see on Yelp
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    How are you a foodie, but restrict yourself to such blah foods? That would drive me insane - I strive to eat a huge variety every day and make it as tasty as possible.

What is wrong with red meat? I love desserts and sweets too - during the week I stick to yoghurt/fruit for desserts but love indulging in delicious, well made treats when I can.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    amadnurse wrote: »
    Hi guys. Thx for your response. I said "help" because I love red meat esp Korean BBQ and sweets like boba drinks and apple pie with ice cream. Otherwise those food I listed are my normal food I eat. I'm a foodie so it's hard not to visit all the restaurants I see on Yelp

Lemon water. Brown rice. Broccoli. Boiled eggs. Veggie soup. Day 2.

Oh so what you're saying in your title is that was your Day 2 and things you enjoy eating/drinking are lemon water, brown rice, broccoli, eggs and vegetable soup, right? Or are you talking more about that being your diet to lose 15 lbs?

The foods you listed above are fine is you're eating them in a healthy manner. I guess I took it that you might be doing the 'cabbage soup' veg diet or whatever it's called. The foods you listed are not bad foods at all.

Are you able to eat the foods you shared above that you love in moderation right now? Some ppl can, some can't at first. So they set those foods aside and stay away from them for awhile until they feel a bit stronger. Some things I can moderate better than others.

Can you share a bit more? :smiley:
  • amadnurse
    Options
    Red meat causes cancer and I used to eat lots of it :(
  • amadnurse
    Options
    I also cook and bake well so I'm my own enemy lol . But so far so good. Let see if I can do this for 2 weeks :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I also cook and bake well so I'm my own enemy lol . But so far so good. Let see if I can do this for 2 weeks :)

Why not just eat food you like and love to cook in appropriate portions? Your selection of foods isn't magical and going to produce different results than just sticking to your deficit
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    What the heck is going on here? :huh:
  • amadnurse
    Options
    Right now I'm trying not to eat any of those at all and no white carbs. I'm not over weight. I just wanted my own weight back and that's it. Stress and lack of sleep have a lot to do with my inability to lose weight even when I don't eat a lot.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Red meat causes cancer and I used to eat lots of it :(

Please post the scientific study you read that indicated this, including the amount that one would need to eat in order to be at a higher risk of cancer.

You need to lose 15lbs? That can be done eating a variety of foods including red meat, Korean BBQ, apple pie and ice cream, in moderation. It can't be done in 2 weeks time though. That is not a realistic expectation. What happens in 2 weeks?
  • amadnurse
    Options
    In 2 weeks? No way. I didn't say that. Maybe a typo lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Right now I'm trying not to eat any of those at all and no white carbs. I'm not over weight. I just wanted my own weight back and that's it. Stress and lack of sleep have a lot to do with my inability to lose weight even when I don't eat a lot.

Why? What's wrong with the food you like? What's wrong with white carbs... What is wrong with white rice compared to brown? The fibre difference is minimal and I find brown hard to digest - my body much prefers white!
  • amadnurse
    Options
    What the heck is going on here? :huh:

Hi. Ppl were just responding to my post about the food I chose to eat

• WinoGelato
    Options

You said you wanted to lose 15 lbs. You described an overly restrictive, VLCD, and said "let's see if I can keep this up 2 weeks". My conclusion was that you were aiming to lose the weight in that time period.

• amadnurse
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

You said you wanted to lose 15 lbs. You described an overly restrictive, VLCD, and said "let's see if I can keep this up 2 weeks". My conclusion was that you were aiming to lose the weight in that time period.

No I meant if I can keep eating like this for 2 weeks then maybe then I can get used to eating like this. Any other questions?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

No I meant if I can keep eating like this for 2 weeks then maybe then I can get used to eating like this. Any other questions?

Yes. Are you a nurse?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited January 2017
    Options

Why would you want to? Why do you think that is a good idea?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Why would you want to? Why do you think that is a good idea?

Also this ^
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    T3tNThm.jpg