Anyone else CHEAT once they are at there lowest!?!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What exactly does "eating badly" mean? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're being far more restrictive than you need to be. You can be a healthy and fit individual and treat yourself...I eat friggin' gummy worms almost every night for my desert...but I get 4-6 servings of veg, 2-3 servings of fruit...I hit my protein goals and fat macros...and I'm at calorie goal, so who cares? I got my nutrition on...I'm allowed to have friggin' gummy bears.

I've never understood this whole categorizing food as good or bad...it's just food...with varying degrees of nutritional value.

you are correct there mate, i know im too hard on myself at times with what i eat which makes it worse. but im a pain for TREATS shall we say. you have gummie bears every night but i cant have 5-6 i would eaty the bag lol. honestly normal in day, mean green eating machine at night!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eating food is not cheating nor is it bad. Doesn't matter what food you eat. It's about how much of it you eat.

I treat myself every weekend with a meal out that is a treat and maybe chocolate ice cream but it's all in moderation.

Instead of eating 8 chicken wings I eat 3...besides I can't eat 8 anymore.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    What exactly does "eating badly" mean? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're being far more restrictive than you need to be. You can be a healthy and fit individual and treat yourself...I eat friggin' gummy worms almost every night for my desert...but I get 4-6 servings of veg, 2-3 servings of fruit...I hit my protein goals and fat macros...and I'm at calorie goal, so who cares? I got my nutrition on...I'm allowed to have friggin' gummy bears.

I've never understood this whole categorizing food as good or bad...it's just food...with varying degrees of nutritional value.

This is how I feel, I don't restrict myself. I still have at least 2 frappuccinos a week, they are my favorite "sweet". I also usually have a day on the weekend, that I don't log too and I know I go over my calories.

It is about preparing myself for maintenance and day to day life. I know there will be days that I will go out to eat and have a drink or eat a sweet. It is about making sure you don't go over everyday and don't sit and eat tons and tons of high calorie food every day. Moderation...
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. It's as though I have a psychological resistance that is making it hard for me to get my head around being at a lower weight and subconsciously I am sabotaging myself. I think it's called dysmorphia. My approach is to take this one day at a time and hope that my mind will eventually catch up to my body! We deserve this!!