Disney success!

Options
I last went to Disney World 3 years ago, and when I came home from the trip and saw the pictures of myself, I immediately joined MFP and got serious about weight loss. I lost 90 lbs and I've been in maintenance since April of 2016 (I also got pregnant and had a baby during the 3 year span so it took me a while to lose it all!). We just returned to Disney again last month and this time seeing the pictures of myself from the trip was a totally different experience. :)

Here is a picture of me from 3 years ago, compared to a picture of myself from a couple weeks ago. Same spot, meeting the same character (different boys though, lol).
a3atk3v19j8b.jpg

A few other successes from the trip: I wore shorts pretty much every day, and didn't have any thigh chafing! One time I wore shorts to Disney when I was heavier and my thighs chafed so bad that I had to buy long pants at Disney because I was in pain. Not an issue now!

Also, I'm extremely active now so a full day of walking at Disney was nothing. My kids and husband were all complaining about how tired they were, and I felt physical completely normal. I know in the past that a full day of walking like that would have worn me out!

And finally, despite not logging my food for almost 3 weeks, many buffets and huge Christmas meals, and limited exercise, I still tried to make good choices as often as I could with food and managed to maintain my weight during vacation. I was nervous to step on the scale, thinking I'd be up maybe even a few pounds just in water weight, but not even a pound!

Just had to share my success! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! WTG
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Fantastic we go to disney in 29 wks my aim is to lose 28lb by then....I just to keep motivated x
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Going to Disney as not fat is very high on my list!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So great!! Must have felt amazing to be the only one not tired, sweaty and exhausted!!
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i cant express how happy i am that disney was involved in your story!! im such a disnerd!!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Just incredible.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i cant express how happy i am that disney was involved in your story!! im such a disnerd!!

Yay!! Me too!
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love this soooo much! Thank you for the post. We're a few years away from taking our family to Disney but it's a dream of mine and being able to do it and feel great and chase the kids and not blow my diet.

You look amazing! Congrats on the loss
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Brill - that's like a Disney story in itself! Congratulations on all your successes!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You Nailed it amazing transformation and thank you for Inspiration :)
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • JustMary82
    JustMary82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! So inspiring!!
  • lenerb
    lenerb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring. You look fabulous. I have been on a simular journey. My husband and I are taking our children to Disney in October. My goals are to be able to keep up with my family, wear shorts without chafing and be down in weight. I have lost approx 30lbs last year. I would like to be down another 45 lbs by the end of October. One day at a time...
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    This is quite awesome. Nice pics.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm a disnerd too I completed my one and only half marathon at disney in 2010

great loss.
  • tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job! We are DVC members and annual passholders! We also own a Disney travel agency. We go all the time! Greatest place on earth!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm a disnerd too I completed my one and only half marathon at disney in 2010

great loss.

That's awesome! I'm sort of interested in a marathon at Disney, but I really don't enjoy running. At all. But I like the idea of it!
    tgardi wrote: »
    Great job! We are DVC members and annual passholders! We also own a Disney travel agency. We go all the time! Greatest place on earth!

Cool! I wish I could go more often, but living waaaay up north and having 4 kids makes for a long drive or an expensive flight. Maybe one day I'll live in Florida in the winters. :)
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! Seeing pics of me from our Disney World trip is what got me here, too!
  • tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great thing about going to Disney is all the walking you do! Who needs the gym then?
    Cool! I wish I could go more often, but living waaaay up north and having 4 kids makes for a long drive or an expensive flight. Maybe one day I'll live in Florida in the winters. :)

We live in Alabama so it's about an 8 hour drive for us. We have talked about moving there when we retire and working at Disney but lately we've talked about working on a cruise ship. A friend of ours is now the Chief Security Officer on a Norwegian ship and he loves it!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!