• mkc2004
    mkc2004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need all these recipes! lol
    thanks for sharing!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If you're not onboard with rice, I imagine you could use riced cauliflower, but I have never been that adventurous. Honestly, for tastiest results, use jasmine rice. But brown rice works too.

Rice Pilaf with Raisins
    • 1 tbsp, olive oil
    • 0.25 large, Onions - Raw
    • 2 tsp, Garlic - Raw
    • ¾ cup uncooked brown rice
    • 0.34 cup, packed, Raisins - Seedless
    • 1 tsp, Tumeric
    • Dash of ground cinnamon
    • 2 cups Chicken Broth (ideally, clean chicken stock)
    • 1 cup water
    • Dash of sumac (optional)
    Sautee rice and onions in olive oil in a POT, not a pan. Add garlic as rice begins to brown and onions begin to soften. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add raisins, spices, and chicken stock. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.

what is a "dirty" version of chicken broth?????????????

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I guess I understand a note on the recipe saying "Omit if limiting salt intake," but the note was more like "Omit to be really clean," which I still don't understand. If some people need to limit salt for health reasons, that doesn't make salt dirty for the rest of us especially when foods like agave aren't noted at all.

Well, when I write the cookbook I never am going to write, I'll keep that in mind. You don't like the recipe? Share a better one. TEACH, don't preach.

When I entered this thread, I didn't think *salt* was dirty.

Just share your favorite, produce and lean-meat filled recipes that don't rely on pre-made foods. I'm not going to jump all over you for not being "clean" enough. Did you READ the initial post? Share recipes or actual input, or hush.

the input being given is that the foods that you are listing are not clean or dirty, they are just food...
  • maizemarie
    maizemarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where are the nutrition facts