Weight Watchers Online?

Options
2»

Replies

• sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    szkodzt wrote: »
    If you are only using the online version and not going to meetings, I do think that WW is a waste of money because you can basically get the same thing on MFP for free. WW works well for many, but most of the time that is because the live meetings and weigh ins help keep them more accountable. I have used WW over the years and have had some success, but ultimately decided that I like MFP better for the following reasons:

1. MFP is FREE and WW was really expensive
    2. With work and kids schedules I wasn't able to attend meetings anymore
    3. Their community tends to be much more snarky and not as helpful as this community
    4. They are constantly trying to sell their processed foods to people which I think takes away from the message
    5. The point system was confusing and their data base didn't have enough foods in it - the scan function would not have like 60% of the foods I ate. I have yet to not be able to find something in the MFP data base!

THIS!!! I LOVE IT, IT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL AFTER ONE DAY! LOL! Thanks everyone for your comments of corse I know everyone will have there own opinions! I love MFP like I've only realised how much I love it after joining ww hahaha the database on ww is SHOCKING yet I heard so many people rave about it, I got a deal and paid £25 for 3 months it was a deal so I'm not that annoyed but the app crashed on me the first time I tried to use it the person on the chat thing that's meant to help was so blunt to me it was unreal! Put me off! But did speak to a nice women yesterday about getting started, also the community is nothing like here! I asked for help and no one even looked at it! The only problem for me Is I don't like calorie counting as much as I think it's Great idea it just doesn't work for me!
  • ammie805
    ammie805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs doing WW online and exercise back in 2011 using their Points Plus version. Was allowed 29 daily, used their tools all the time. Then they tweaked program in 2012 and my daily points changed to 26. I got lazy, stopped tracking and exercising, gained it all back. This was all before I discovered MFP. I tried WWs newer programs (simply filling and smart points). Hated it. I discovered an app called Ultimate Food Value Diary. It's $3.99 and it is EXACTLY like WWs old PP program app, scanner and calculator. As you log your food, it deducts point values for the day. I paid for premium and it includes my step intake. I love it. I am also using MFP. I'm actually doing both to compare. As easy as both apps are to use, I like MFP more.
  • Kelsey87Mae
    Kelsey87Mae Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think it just depends on the person. I don't think every weight loss plan works right for everyone. So you have to find what works best for you. I didn't enjoy WW either. It felt like I could barely eat anything without my points adding up drastically. I constantly felt hungry/unsatisfied. It didn't work for me, but I've know others it's worked wonders for.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just joined ( with meetings) I think it sucks. Glad I only payed for one month. MFP I think is way better.
  • WaitakiJane
    WaitakiJane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It always bothered me how much WW meetings preached the 'eat whole foods' message but then over-promoted and sold the WW branded junk food.
    All about the $$$ not about the healthier lifestyle and weight loss. A bit too much "do as we say but make sure you buy this for when you want to be a bit naughty".
  • abchab
    abchab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used WW online for 18 months and lost 2 stone. Then, they changed to "smartpoints" and re-branded, removing the blogs which was the best bit! I couldn't get on with smartpoints, it was just too restricting. I would give it maybe 3 months and see how you get on - the best bit about it for me is not having to count your fruit & veg as it is "free food" - it really encouraged me to eat more of it! Good luck :) x
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just joined and like it for the reasons many do not. I've been up and down on mfp for almost 7 years. Lost 80 pounds and couldn't figure out how to maintain and put it all back on. I'm now halfway to my goal again and panicking about maintenance.

I joined weight watchers because I need the 'sugar is bad' reminder. I'm hoping once I've done my 5 months with WW maybe I'll be at a better place to maintain on mfp. Also, I don't have anything to compare it to. . . It's my first time on WW.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I loved WW back when it was Points Plus, I lost the baby weight after both kids using it and was a huge advocate. The new Points system is terrible, the ease of guesstimating points on the fly was changed with the new formulas and the outrageous high counts for sugar items.

I went so far as to buy old materials and calculator from the old Points Plus on eBay (quite the market for them..... WW should take note!!). But I needed the ease of an app, which is how I found MFP. Have never looked back!
  • cheree_1969
    cheree_1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I joined last week....and cancelled this week. I know I was quick to jump the gun, but I hated it. I totally hate the "Points" system. I want to see how much sugar, sodium, fat I am consuming. And eat all the fruits I want? Sure, fruit is definitely good...and yes I am aware fruit is natural sugar. But I don't agree with eat whatever fruit you want. Can you imagine if you ate 3 bananas or apples in one day??? I much prefer MFP. For one, it's free....and I find it much easier to stay on track by seeing what you log.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I thought about it, and then joined a Diet Bet instead. It gives me the incentive of having paid for something, but the chance to win it (and more!) back if I succeed. It's given me a good framework for my goals (10% loss over 5 months, plus a month of maintenance).

So yeah... I really don't like their current system. I'd drop out - and look at Diet Bet if you want extra incentive.
  • beth4100
    beth4100 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was on WW about eight years ago. When I started I was 220lbs. Being on Ww helped a lot. I lost about 80lbs ! So yes I think it's worth it. However, not sure how different it is now.
  • Hannah_Lolli
    Hannah_Lolli Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do not waste your money. Everything weight watchers has, MFP has for way cheaper!