Doing this for me this time!

Options
Hello all!

Today I am re-starting this journey...for probably the billionth time.

I had previously lost 113 pounds, but when my 7 year relationship ended in a really horrible way (long story short I found out that my boyfriend was not only cheating on me, but he actually had been in a relationship with this other woman for 6 of our 7 years, including having children with her), I was so devastated that I fell off the wagon and I hit hard. I have since gained back everything I lost and then some.

So now, here I am with more like 150 pounds to lose but this time, I want to focus on doing this for ME! Before, I was really doing this for all the wrong reasons.

I would love to have some new friends to go on this journey with me. ~~So Add Me!!!~~

Replies

• nosmash
    nosmash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best...
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends list pretty small BUT I do want to say that deciding to lose weight for ME and not a vacation, event or even someone else has made things so much easier.

I used to resent my husband when we would go out and he had a battered fried onion and I was on a restrictive diet and couldn't have it. It FELT like sabotage.

Now I don't restrict anything (I fit in in my calorie goal) and I am doing it for ME because I want this. I don't give a flying flip what my husband or anyone else around me eats any more. It has been empowering!

Anyway thats my 2 cents:).

My advice is to read through the forums. There is so much information and some really insightful folks who not only lost are maintaining.

Best!!
  • erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I know for me the hardest part is the maintaining. I know I can lose weight. That is the easy part for me. I always struggle with maintaining what I've lost.