Need motivation advice.

Options
I try so hard to find motivation to keep working out but I always make it a week and lose my motivation. I was just wondering what keeps everyone else motivated to working out. I really need advice...I have already lost 40 lbs but I wanna lose more and I can't if I keep giving up.

Replies

• Mackattack72
    Mackattack72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think for myself it's just wanting to be better. I love the feeling of occasional sore muscles after a workout. Sometimes it's seeing I can do more today than 2 weeks ago. Finishing a cardio workout that I couldn't make it 1/2 through when I first tried it.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is empowering for me. Seeing my body change and having the capability to push myself to do things I haven't been able to do before is awesome. Could you find a buddy to hold you accountable?
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I posted my thoughts in your other thread.
  • lexhillman5
    lexhillman5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with the same thing. I cannot run or do conventional cardio very much because of knee problems and weight lifting almost always requires a partner. Honestly, it's hard to find something you'll enjoy doing. What I've found that works for me is yoga. It's so satisfying and it's not something I dread doing. I do power yoga or something with more cardio and muscle training added (lots of YouTube vids, my fav is yoga with Adrienne). Once you begin your workout you'll be thinking "how is this doing anything?" And by the end, you'll be wiping the sweat from your brow feeling better than you did before you started!
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind it's more about what you eat than your physical activity. Being active certainly helps because it allows us to eat more if we need it, but you can lose weight without exercise.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I posted my thoughts in your other thread.

I'm glad you posted this I was thinking I just posted my reply to this:) so I'm not going crazy.
  • sdmrtn86
    sdmrtn86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have just started, but the though of finally not being too large to ride a roller coaster or fit in the seat at a sporting event keeps me going. Great job on already losing 40. You are doing something awesome. Don't give up! :). Feel free to add me, if you wish. I have a long way to go and can always use more wisdom.