I think I'm double tracking..

Options
My FitBit figured out I was doing the elliptical, and gave me 109 calories, but MFP gave me 210 and the machine I used gave me 193... So I decided to trust the latter but can't figure out whether the FitBit calories synced or not (I have FitBit calorie adjustment, but it might be just from steps?). Also, why doesn't strength training count as calories used?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Log strength training under cardio - just search for strength training. If you log the start and end time correctly of added exercise it should override the fitbit. Personally I found that trying to add too many extra exercise calories rather than just going by the fitbit calories just ended up in weight gain, but if it works for you to override the calories and add more then go for it.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Log strength training under cardio - just search for strength training. If you log the start and end time correctly of added exercise it should override the fitbit. .
    Definitely check you are adding the correct start and finish time to your cardio/strength - that's where I went wrong initially.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    MFP drastically over estimates the amount of calories burned. If you can figure out how to sync it properly - or don't sync at all and manually input the calories burned - I would take the number from your FitBit to be the most accurate of the three assuming the set up was completed properly (like where you put in your age, gender, height, weight, etc).

Happy fitness :)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Log strength training under cardio - just search for strength training. If you log the start and end time correctly of added exercise it should override the fitbit. Personally I found that trying to add too many extra exercise calories rather than just going by the fitbit calories just ended up in weight gain, but if it works for you to override the calories and add more then go for it.

I would have logged ellipical and used the numbers from Fitbit, then remove everything else
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Many peeps here log strength training under "strength training" (not cardio) mainly to track progression sets/weight. Personally I don't track any calorie burn for lifting.