Trying to fit macros 40-30-30

Options
I am trying to follow the 40-30-30 ratio, but I find it so difficult. Any advice for me to meet my macros.
Why it is so important to do this???

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    What are you struggling with? Hitting your target protein? Fats? Carbs? Typically, calories are the most important thing when talking about losing weight and gaining weight. You take in less calories than you burn, you lose weight. Your macros are more important in your body composition. Protein is the building block of muscle, therefore when you take in more protein, the more muscle you will retain (assuming you are lifting). Carbs tend to give you more energy for your workouts.
  • ghost15026
    ghost15026 Posts: 80
    Options
    What are you struggling with? Hitting your target protein? Fats? Carbs? Typically, calories are the most important thing when talking about losing weight and gaining weight. You take in less calories than you burn, you lose weight. Your macros are more important in your body composition. Protein is the building block of muscle, therefore when you take in more protein, the more muscle you will retain (assuming you are lifting). Carbs tend to give you more energy for your workouts.

^ This. Relatively short and sweet.