WOW so that caused me to bloat like a mother****

Options
Was relooking into my diary on where I ate something that cause me to retain water. I found out... I got some chicken quesadillas from Chili's even by asking it to be cooked without the ranch and bacon. Didn't even eat the entire thing, I just had four pieces before giving the rest to someone else in the family, but that small amount was more salt than my daily total amount for the day. Now I am going not going to order that again or make a homemade version instead. :smokin:

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating at Chili's especially that it make me sick (vomit) everytime I ate there no matter what I ate
  • jastium
    jastium Posts: 1
    Options
    SEVERAL POUNDS of water weight can be gained or lost in a matter of days. Don't sweat it. (Or do sweat it, if your goal is to lose water weight).
  • motamo
    motamo Posts: 3
    Options
    I looked up the nutritional information for Chili's about a month ago. I can't eat there, not a darn thing. Horrible place.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I believe it!! Sodium is the devil in food like that:( drink your water girlie!!
  • griffith5150
    griffith5150 Posts: 123
    Options
    I think I more in shock of how much sodium was in the dish even with it being altered and not eating the entire thing. It was like damn... really and I was trying to be really good and not overindulge and go above my calories for the day. Was good on calories but bad on sodium lol :wink:
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I got a gift card for a restaurant and went out to their website to see what I could eat that was healthy. Well, there was nothing on there with less than 3,000 mg sodium! I still have the card in my purse 6 months later. LOL Why do they need to put a whole salt lick on your plate? ugh
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The chicken quesadilla clearly caused you to get bulky.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay not to be a punk or anything but I never understood this one. Why do we hate sodium?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Okay not to be a punk or anything but I never understood this one. Why do we hate sodium?

It makes us retain water, which makes the scale not move so, even though we haven't gained weight, we still get angry at the perception of not losing/gaining.

Or maybe you have high blood pressure. But I don't. So. Meh.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options

It makes us retain water, which makes the scale not move so, even though we haven't gained weight, we still get angry at the perception of not losing/gaining.

Or maybe you have high blood pressure. But I don't. So. Meh.

Yeah, I fully agree.

I don't hate sodium, I just don't like the fact it causes me to retain water.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    good to know.......never been there before, and now i won't make an effort to!
  • bcarman86
    bcarman86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chili's is the worst! I worked there for a few months after college. It is almost impossible to eat a healthy meal there.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sodium gets a bad wrap ... it's an electrolyte and is essential in many chemical reactions that take place in our bodies (our heart beating for one) ...

I LOVE salt ... I use Himalayan Pink Salt and Celtic Sea Salt ... I liberally salt every thing savory I make (usually end up adding moresaltto my portions) ... my BP is less than 110 systolic ... I love salt so much, I sick the salt off of pistachio shells ... lol ... salt doesn't make me bloat ... i on bloat during myTOM ... that being said ... I also drink a fair amount of water (usually with lemon) everybody day ... plus, I workout like a beast and sweat like one whole doing so ...

EDIT:

The only people that should be concerned with water weight and should weigh themselves daily are people with CHF ... Also, check with your doctor first of course, but if you have hypertension, sea salt may be a better option than cutting out all salt ... NaC l i.e. regular old table salt tends to cause more problems with BP than some of the other types of salt ...