Focusing on my health in 2017 after years of letting myself go

Options
Hi, I'm 28 and over the past 4+ years I have let my self go

Replies

• Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Let's get back to where we need to be!
  • restors
    restors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 28 and over the past 4+ years I have let my self go

Good for you, you've made the decision to change that! Whether its a little or a lot doesn't matter. Good luck with your journey

• Mayesy23DAZ
    Mayesy23DAZ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Similar. You can do it!
  • amers271
    amers271 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you to step it up this year!

Your goal is to focus on your health this year. Do you have a plan of action yet? (Such as a type of workout you want to do x number of days for x number of minutes, nutrition goals like eating 1500 calories a day or cutting out soda, self-care goals like meditating, etc.) If you don't have this, create your plan. Write it down and stick it somewhere you will see it. Maybe that's next to your bed or on your bathroom mirror or on the fridge.

Seeing your plan will help remind you to make these healthy habit changes. It takes time to turn new routines into habit - good luck!
  • ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same here, except change 4 years to 6 years. :#
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Same. 5 years of letting myself go and I've had enough!
  • Cedura
    Cedura Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcomed to the journey!
  • samanthaskay
    samanthaskay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amers271 wrote: »
    Good for you to step it up this year!

Your goal is to focus on your health this year. Do you have a plan of action yet? (Such as a type of workout you want to do x number of days for x number of minutes, nutrition goals like eating 1500 calories a day or cutting out soda, self-care goals like meditating, etc.) If you don't have this, create your plan. Write it down and stick it somewhere you will see it. Maybe that's next to your bed or on your bathroom mirror or on the fridge.

Seeing your plan will help remind you to make these healthy habit changes. It takes time to turn new routines into habit - good luck!

As of last month I cut out all pop and sugar drinks, I've top buying all junk food and just have high protein and fruit/veggies along with some noodle ect but you boyfriend eats almost all of that. I'm honestly thinking about start doing meal prep. Since my knees, feet and back hurt all the time I've been going on walks, yoga and adding some other exercises as I'm able to do without being in extreme pain. I also have a 8 month puppy (husky/heeler mix) that loves walks!! I also find weighing myself every few days keeps me more accountable in what I eat and do.. and any advice would be helpful
  • vickpreston
    vickpreston Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 29 with around 30lbs to lose. Happy to be added on here by anyone on a weight loss journey!
  • Jenn_Knee_Fur
    Jenn_Knee_Fur Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 30 lbs