First test of resolve..

Options
I have that beginners enthusiasm that we all probably have when we start out on this weight loss journey.. but coming up on a week and first weigh in since starting I have anxiety that if after busting my hump all week might not see any results on the scale. I know that I am feeling better already and have more energy and that is what counts, but for some reason I see the number on the scale as the tangible victory. Sorry for the rambling. Always looking for support and hoping to help others.

Replies

• russelfine
    russelfine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't always look at the scale. When I went on my weight loss journey for the first time it sucked not losing scale weight. Buy a cheap sewing tape measure and get your waist, hips, biceps, chest, and quads each weeks. This is great way to also see progress :)!! Don't just guess and hope, know!!!

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I don't do an every week weighing- try once a month, at the same time of the week, same time of the day for the most consistent numbers.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...the scale is the ultimate motivator or demotivator. When we don't see success on the scale, working to remember all of our other successes needs to be our motivator! Congratulations on a good week under your belt, I'm thinking you will be rewarded at the scale.
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will look into getting some measurements and photos to help. Thanks suruda as well.. you are a fantastic 12 man
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but Tues is my "weigh in" day. It's amazing to see how my weight fluctuates in a week!
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter hide the scale because I was weighing every day. I don't get it back until Feb 1st. I'm eating right and feeling good, have lots of energy, and hitting the gym to use the weights. My clothes fit better, my rings now fit again, and my belly is vanishing so those are the milestones to focus on.