Ladies I want your opinion

Options
13»

Replies

• Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To be brutally honest, you are NOT going to lose weight on Depo unless you are a "god" of sorts. That shot should be taken off the market. I know women who have gained 80 or more pounds while on that shot. It also causes bone loss. Your best bet is to switch to something else such as the pill or nuva ring. I was on both the pill and nuva ring in the past and had no issues. Now, I have my tubes tied so don't have to worry about the side effects. Do some research on the shot and consider going off it asap.
    . I don't think you should tell somebody they won't lose weight on depo. I've lost 46lb on depo and I'm no god trust me...
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you are going to get off the shot, GOOD LUCK!!
    I have been on depo for about 8 years off and on. It's the only birth control I've ever used. I like it because you just have to go in every 3 months and not remember what pill or thing to do or whatever.
    I saw a MAJOR weight gain when on Depo each time I started it up again which makes it so frustrating to stay on.

However, the withdrawal symptoms are pretty terrible too. Obviously, to each their own. Just like some people don't gain weight while on Depo, some don't have any symptoms getting off either. To keep it brief, it basically makes you feel pregnant without actually being pregnant. You get sleepy, nauseated, craving foods, terrible cramps, etc... It's your body re-regulating. In fact, many people stay on the shot just to avoid those symptoms. But if you can go through the first couple months, they usually subside.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Back years ago when I was on the depo shot I gained a lot of weight. so that could be the root of your problem because you are working out so much and eating right then you must just be maintaining your weight. good luck to ya.:flowerforyou:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It's been about ten years since I was on Depo, but I will say that, yes, it did completely screw up my body. I piled on weight like nothing, and had the hardest time doing it. Went off the shot and lost thirty pounds easily; yes, I ate right and exercised, but not as much as you might have thought. Given, at that time, I was in my late teens and now I'm thirty so weight loss is a lot harder now, period. It's hard for me to compare weight loss now to weight loss back then, but I do remember it being a lot easier once I was off the shot.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm on BC and struggling to loose weight. It IS coming off slowly for me at least though.

Yeah I'm on the pill and so far it hasn't seemed to be an issue, but I think I would be losing more if I wasn't on it.