Weight

So I started watching what I'm eating and working out every day the day after Christmas. There's only been two days where I didn't stay within my deficit and I still don't think I went too much over my maintenance. I weighed myself this morning and I was 3.9 pounds lighter. Does this sound accurate! Or should I wait longer and weigh myself again. I have my goals to lose 2 pounds a week and I lost 3.9 in about a week and a half

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    The loss is usually a little faster at the beginning if you are doing things right. Enjoy the victory and congratulations! Keep Going!
  • Its_Haleeyy
    Its_Haleeyy Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2017
    257_Lag wrote: »
    The loss is usually a little faster at the beginning if you are doing things right. Enjoy the victory and congratulations! Keep Going!

I'm really happy that i lost it and it definitely is making more motivated. :) I just wanted to make sure that it sounds accurate
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Well done girl. you can do it. that sounds about right but most likely its water weight, weigh yourself once a week in the morning or however you prefer it, some people weigh themselves everyday but that only effects you mentally. to be honest ive stop looking at the scales now and just see if the clothes fit me better
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congrats! things go up and down for me and thats my 'normal'
    Keep up the good work
    Its a lifestyle change!
  • Prince_of_Mind
    Prince_of_Mind Posts: 21 Member
    Its also worth remembering that the scales can lie to you by making you heavier through such things as water weight and if you've been to the toilet or not, but it can't lie to you about being lighter.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Keep up the good work. Some advice: Use other metrics, such as body measurements. Then, you'll not fall into the trap of becoming freaked out by the scale - it happens to the best of us. It's normal to have weight fluctuations and you'll be better informed about your progress if you also have other measurements along with weight.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    spzjlb wrote: »
    Keep up the good work. Some advice: Use other metrics, such as body measurements. Then, you'll not fall into the trap of becoming freaked out by the scale - it happens to the best of us. It's normal to have weight fluctuations and you'll be better informed about your progress if you also have other measurements along with weight.

I pay more attention to how I feel, how my clothes fit, how much energy I have.... The scale can be a tricky thing. I agree that other measurements help give a better picture of how awesome you're doing!
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Early on you do tend to lose some water weight as well so the scale is impacted more dramatically at first but still great to see the scale moving the way you want it to.... so congrats to you. Only thing I caution is don't get disappointed later on in your plan when you don't see it dropping quite so fast. Technically speaking a healthy fat loss is usually no more than 1% of your weight per week. So after the first 3 or 4 weeks be sure you are happy if you have 1 to 2lbs loss per week. Always remember it takes us years to put on the weight so we have to be consistent and patient to get it off.

Keep up the great work.... Good luck to you!