What do you consider cheating? (food wise that is )

Options
2»

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Cheating to me is not logging some food or drink in the diary - any food or drink.

Ditto that.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eating dairy. But, that's just because I am trying to avoid dairy products. Still if it's a choice between eating and not eating when I am hungry that cow is gonna get milked.

The non food cheat is when you don't log stuff. But, it doesn't matter if you do or don't as far as your body is concerned those chips are logged.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cheating is not counting my calories or actually, not giving a f--- if I go over my calories. That's the point, though. I do it on purpose. I like at least one a day a week to just relax and enjoy some bad food. Even then, I don't binge or go extremely overboard. Usually one bad meal, like some Chinese or a huge platter at my favorite local restaurant.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I only consider it cheating if I don't log the food (or drink). Otherwise, I call it life. Don't get me wrong, I'll be disappointed in myself if I go crazy over TDEE but I figure if I at least admit it on my open food log, it's not cheating it's a bad decision.
  • Senneth12
    Senneth12 Posts: 72
    Options
    I don't consider any foods as cheating, although I do consider some better than others. I lost 30lbs six years ago, and I've kept it off. One of the things that has made maintenance doable is that while I was losing, I learned that moderation is much more important than cutting out trigger foods completely.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Cheating to me is not logging some food or drink in the diary - any food or drink.

Ditto that.

Ditto too

As long as you're being accountable for what you're eating, you're not cheating regardless of how many calories over you are.