I want to kill it at the gym...

Options
2»

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,930 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Went there for the 1st time to use the facility yesterday. Walked around and "looked" at everything to see if they had anything that I wanted to use that I didn't have at home already, which includes a full Olympic weight lifting set up in the garage, a Concept 2 rower and LeMond spin bike inside plus a Crossfit power sled, battle ropes and 200# tractor tire set up in the backyard.

Watch out! Now that MFP posters have seen this, you're going to find a long line waiting outside your house. :D

• gamsmith05
    gamsmith05 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Think about when I go home and get in bed at night how I'll feel. If I gave it my all I feel great laying there if not I feel like *kitten* wondering what more I could have/should have done. Those nights that I feel like crap are the motivation I need to push through almost all workouts.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Generally, I don't have to tell myself anything. I like the workouts that I do. It's fun to me. But there are days when I'm feeling a little ill or lazy that I do have to mentally motivate myself. This is generally more of an issue if that day calls for poling at home. If I'm going to pole class or to the gym to lift, I already paid for that so me making sure I haven't wasted my money is motivation enough.

So for those days I'm feeling unmotivated and I'm meant to be hitting the pole, putting on a great playlists and just starting with simple spins to warm up generally help me to want to work on harder things, such as spinning aerial inverts or the ayesha.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I keep a progress journal. And everytime I go to move a weight for the second time on my AMRAP sets I make sure to push for at least one more rep than the week before. Since I know I won't grow or get stronger if I don't push for it. Besides leaving the gym completely drained doesn't necessarily mean you had a productive workout
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    I say "Come on Nancy, grrr you gonna feel so good when you done, you hot stuff!" Yes, I do, and I do say it in English. ( I'm Mexican )

This is really awesome if your name isn't Nancy!

Why not... it is my name, you can add your own name though :blush:
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm always ready to lift but if I'm going to run ( I sprint a mile) I do have to pump myself up. i say to myself "its time to work" and then start murdering that mile!
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Self, you literally only get one hour to yourself a day. Make it freaking count."