A hike a month

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give this a shot. I live in Kansas and there aren't any trails near me with any kind of elevation but we do have some really nice flat trails. I'm trying to talk my son into going to Philmont Scout Ranch to do one of their 7 or 12 day treks so I'm trying to get him to go on more hikes with me to show him how much fun it is :)
  • alissakitsune
    alissakitsune Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Went for a short hike yesterday and got some friends to come along! We had a great time. I forgot to take a picture but here is a picture from the same trail last time I did it. Also my miles for yesterday. 3.99 miles of the 4.36 was from the hike! ambqrmi5to8j.jpg
    3fpbchv9ryou.png
  • HellaJes
    HellaJes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My hike from Sunday! Only went about a mile up - I didn't have snow-shoes and the snow was DEEP.

0kpk51uqpajs.jpg
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I love this idea especially since hiking is my favourite activity.

It was a very cold day on this hike on January 8th but we just bundled up in many, many layers.

59j4hl80pz4d.jpg
  • betty90631
    betty90631 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Went on a 3.5 mile hike. The weather was great and it was nice to see all the green hills. I will post a picture as soon as figure out how to post pictures.
  • HellaJes
    Options
    Hey guys! I haven't posted on this thread in quite some time -- I hope everyone is well! I've been hiking quite a bit although I can't post any pics because I'm on my mobile. I'll send an update soon!
  • HellaJes
    Options
    hbmsus2hwu0h.jpg
    4gh5cpiocwbo.jpg
    carwpzamc4ii.jpg
    3xnmj45togjt.jpg

Hike to Franklin Ghost Town on Sat. June 10th. Pretty neat spot, lots of history!

• HellaJes
    Options
    wt7caz8rndzu.jpg
    3y8qedv9rtfz.jpg

Hike through Pt. Defiance Park on Apr. 2nd. There's lots of different trails through Pt. Defiance. If I remember correctly the one I was on was called the Spine Trail.

• sourkate
    sourkate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a little late to the party but I'd love to join in. I had a similar New Years resolution to be outside more in general. I love being outdoors and I love hiking but I'm also a homebody. It takes a little effort but once I'm out the door and in the woods I'm in my element. Since I moved from Maine to Florida I haven't spent as much time in nature here so I'm hoping to get out of my comfort zone. It's very hot in Florida for the next few months so I'll be looking for a few short hikes to get me started. There's one called the Hidden Waters trail I think I'll start with. If I remember correctly it has a pretty little stream. I'll take a pic for you guys. But for now, here's one I took last time I was there.

gfw5d74ny6qx.jpg

I love this idea and I love seeing all your pictures. This challenge is just my speed, especially since a big motivation for me for weight loss is to eventually hike the Appalachian Trail. Thanks for having me.