Luna Protein Bars: Where to Buy?

My boyfriend recently introduced Luna bars to me... they're delicious!!
They make me feel great, too!!
I have Lupus, & I'm always feeling unwell...
but thanks to the Luna bars I've realized that consuming more protein makes my day less unbearable!!

Anyways, they're delicious.
I'd like to buy some next month when I get the money.
Where would you say it's cheaper... Walmart, Costco, or Winco?
I'm not sure about Costco or Winco... but it was about $6 at Walmart, I believe.
I may be wrong, but even if the box wasn't $6, it came out to be a little less than $1 per bar.
I'm so excited to try all of these other flavors!!
I've only had the regular chocolate... it tasted like a candy bar, except a million times better and didn't make me feel sick!!

I've also recently tried the regular Luna bars... they're alright.
Not really something I'd spend money on often, if ever.
The Carrot Cake one was pretty good. I'd like to try the one with peppermint.

Does anybody here buy Luna Protein bars in bulk?
I'd like to purchase a box of all but the chocolate cherry almond.
I'll try that one later.
Also, do they sell larger boxes with 12 or more bars?

Replies

• eversosquidly
    eversosquidly Posts: 59 Member
    I got my Luna bars from Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, even my local Shop n Save had a type of Luna bar. At Sam's Club, they had a box of them with the coconut and the lemon, but I don't know the price. I'm sure google would be much more helpful than I ever could be. Good luck!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    I get mine from iherb on the net. I'm in Korea and use it to get stuff to me that I can't normally get here. Shipping is fast and cheap too.
    http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=QEP304
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    My Target sells box of six for $5.59 and they go on sale often to $5.00. Also I usually get a coupon print out at the register when I buy a box for $1 off (occasionally $1.50) towards my next box. Trader Joe's sells boxes of 15 for $14 something, or $.99 each individually.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Luna Bars are usually a little more expensive at the grocery store I shop at regularly than they are at Walmart or Target, but I don't pay attention as closely as I used to because I don't eat them too much anymore (they kept discontinuing my favorite flavors). I did get a coupon at the cash register the other day for a free one of their protein bars, so I'll definitely use that.

One thing to keep in mind about buying at Costco or Sam's: will you eat them all before they go bad? I stopped buying my bars in bulk because I kept getting tired of flavors before I could eat the whole box. I think the protein ones come in smaller boxes than the regular Luna Bars, though, so that might not be an issue for you.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Costco: 83 cents a bar!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    I found them @ Wal-Mart by the other protein bars. Good Luck!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Someone mentioned this but I get my from Target (less than $6) and I always get a coupon for it for my next box for $5!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Amazon has a box of 12 for $14.99 and free Prime shipping. You can get them a little cheaper if you sign up to have the auto ship.

I used to get them until I tried the Quest protein bars. Now that's all I get. Twice the protein (around 20 grams) for about the same amount of calories. Granted, they also cost more. (AND you weren't asking for protein bar recommendations.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I avoid them because frankly they are more like candy bars than protein bars... and the protein on them is pretty low. I agree that they're delicious though!
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    I avoid them because frankly they are more like candy bars than protein bars... and the protein on them is pretty low. I agree that they're delicious though!

QFT