Day one of intermittent fasting! 12 Weeks is going to be quite a task...

Replies

• Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Intermittent fasting seems like an unhealthy way to loose weight. Have you considered a calorie controlled diet? Swapping high calorie food and drink for lower calorie alternatives would be a more healthy way of losing the weight.
  • db81989
    db81989 Posts: 62 Member
    I believe that intermittent fasting can be a very effective approach when trying to lose body fat. It's surely a task when you're including a period of time throughout your 24 hour window without intaking any sort of macros. My opinion as well as many others' states that fasting is healthy for a plethora of reasons. 1: You're training your body to react to fasting by using body fat for energy. 2: It's crucial to have focus and discipline throughout the period of time when fasting and eating healthy... With that being said, IF brings you to that exact state. ETC...
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    I may have miss-understood the concept, I was thinking of fasting as going several days at a time without food. Sorry for the confusion.
  • db81989
    #facepalm... There's no need to apologize! It was only a misunderstanding.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost a year. It's awesome! Good luck!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I have been doing 20:4, 21:3 for a long time no issues
  • db81989
    @missteena88 That's awesome! Keep going strong!
  • db81989
    @singingflutelady That is amazing! I need to take baby steps before I go full out!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    If you find IF really difficult,which your title would seem to indicate, it may not be for you. Time will tell. For most people it is a matter of IF falling fairly easily into their eating patterns. They often find the eating pattern that they naturally gravitate toward is one were the overnight fast period is longer with late breaks of the fast. Of course all this is assuming an eating window type fast. If it is a 24 hour fast used to establish a calorie deficit, then it is that they can fairly easily not eat for 24 hour periods without ending with a bing.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I do the 5:2
    I find it really beneficial in teaching me about actual hunger and thinking I'm hungry.
    I lost 12kgs doing it a couple of years ago and was going strong. But then I had to stop due to bipolar meds not liking my fasting. Fast forward the regained weight and way too much food lol
    Now that my meds are stable, and I'm stable lol, I have come back to it. So far I've lost about 3kgs. Not much, but it's slow and steady.

Anyway, if I can do it. You can. Best of luck!!!!!
  • TinaMarie2982
    TinaMarie2982 Posts: 3 Member
    I just started IF January 1st and I'm loving it. I'm diabetic and it has improved my blood sugar level so much. And I'm not feeling hungry or craving sugar. I'm sure you can do 12 weeks no problem!
  • ArmyMedic2016
    ArmyMedic2016 Posts: 180 Member
    Just started following a low carb, high fat, intermittent fast