Trouble with breakfast

Options
Any ideas?? Eggs get me sick and oatmeal believe it or not makes me very tired an hour after I eat it.. I'm a school bus driver so protein shakes make me want to pee all the time and cereal makes me binge 2 hours after I eat it.. I'm so lost unless I stick with bagels but I'm afraid of carbs

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What about protein bars? Or nuts and fruit? Bacon? Steak? All of the above? ;) Bagels are fine if they fit into your daily calorie goal.

Eat bagels. Don't be afraid of carbs. They are not bad, I promise.
    I can easily consume over 50% of my daily intake with carbs on a cardio day, and if I have intestinal distress it is carbs all the way! Carbs are not evil, they are just like any other macro out there (protien and fat). Excess calories is what causes weight gain.
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you sure cerise_noir lmao!! Carbs are very scary to me yet I take them out all the time and haven't lost weight.. lol lol
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Eat a bagel, enjoy it and log it :) Carbs won't make you gain weight, trust me, I lost around 3 stone (42 pounds) when I was in university and I ate a pizza every night.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I could really go for half a bagel with cream cheese and smoked fish. Yum. Why are you scared of carbs? They are just food. I get low energy without enough carbs.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    They make mini-bagels and bagel flats as well. Eat whatever you like, just stay in a calorie deficit. You can eat leftover dinner for breakfast, it really doesn't matter. Heck, I eat peanuts with my coffee.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,612 Member
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »
    Are you sure cerise_noir lmao!! Carbs are very scary to me yet I take them out all the time and haven't lost weight.. lol lol

I can vouch for carbs not being evil. I've lost 125 lbs with my carbs being at 60% and I tend to go over all the time too.

Weight loss has to do with eating less calories than you expend. Your body doesn't care where they come from unless you have some sort of medical problem.
  • harley79
    Options
    Jennybearlv I'm so brainwashed that carbs will make me fat
  • harley79
    Options
    Glassyo how did you lose all that weight was it on here
  • Juvenall
    Juvenall Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    There's something about a salted avocado in the morning that I just adore.
    ...but I'm afraid of carbs

Don't be afraid of them, just choose better ones. The avocado I mentioned has a bunch, but most of that comes from fiber. Something like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale, etc are all AWESOME and you should feel free to eat a crap ton of that stuff.
  • harley79
    Options
    I do love avocado
  • glassyo
    Options
    I started off with weight watchers until they changed the program so much I couldn't do it for free. Then I moved onto logging calories in and bought a fitbit to help with my calories out.

And I did it by eating whatever the hell I wanted. Just not 4-5 servings at a time like before I started paying attention to points/calories. :p
  • harley79
    Options
    Love it Glassyo so it's not the carbs it's the 5 bagels at a time that's killing me lol lol
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The slim people in this house happily eat a portion of yesterday's main meal as breakfast. (They don't really like sweet cereals as these don't last- but they do eat 'carbs'.) Rye bread with fish and sliced tomato is popular. Wholemeal toast with tinned fish goes well too. They also enjoy pancakes - bacon with beans -wraps with meat and salad and avocado ( bagels and cheese sometimes too).
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Unlike the slim folk here, I don't like breakfast - and need to be on MFP working on my weight/health. There is a lesson for me here somewhere. :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    Love it Glassyo so it's not the carbs it's the 5 bagels at a time that's killing me lol lol

LOL yeah. Obviously you're going to want to get some protein in so you can try and maintain your muscle while you lose weight and some fat because it helps to absorb some vitamins but....

Eat the bagel if that's what you want for breakfast. :) Or there were other good ideas like the protein bars and fruit or nuts if you need something portable.

I feel sorry for you that eggs make you sick. I love those just as much as carbs. :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    sorry about the eggs....they are my go-to. Love em.
    Banana? yogurt ?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever food you like at any time of the day. Weight loss is about calories not type of food.

I prefer to have a smaller breakfast and use more of my calories later in the day.
    These are things I typically eat for breakfast: Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese (about 200-300 calories)

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Are you starving in the morning? I don't ever eat breakfast. I used to when I started a diet, back in the day, but every time I "dieted" I completely failed. I blame that on breakfast. I prefer my calories at dinner. But if I were starving in the morning I'd probably eat last nights dinner leftovers or some cheese.
  • harley79
    Options
    I love eggs also I can eat them midday just not in the morning

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, at any time of day, as long as you weigh and accurately track it to ensure that at the end of the day you hit your calorie goal.