So you think you are ready for children?

Options

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    thisone sided what about us guys that want children lol

first need a female
    seaconde a female that would have my kids

we can keep going lol
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    That so funny!i read that while expecting my first daughter. I'll have to email it to her. She's at captain's school for the army.

Yeah. It's old. But highly relevant still.
  • casuckow
    casuckow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 year old and a 19 year old, and I know I wasn't and probably still ain't ready for children. :happy:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Ha! This couldn't be more true! Especially about night time.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Haha! This is great. I'd like to start trying to have kids, but my husband (who has an extremely spoiled niece) is unsure... I better not show this to him. :wink:
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    So NOT ready...
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Having had both goats and children, I have to say,

shopping with the goats would be way easier.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Glad I don't have them. Lol!!!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    lmao.... you forgot the part about giving them baths. You may as well take the shower head and spray it all around the room because kids will ensure the room has water EVERYWHERE! And don't forget to slip on the wet floor a few times and fall into everything that can and will give you major bruises!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I belly laughed at some of these. So true.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    LOVE THIS!

but am in no way ready lol
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I shoved 2 kids in over a 13 month time frame and I would never suggest that either. I loved the dressing comment about trying to dress and octopus...so true and my son is a combo between and octopus and a fish out of water flopping around when I am changing him! This list was awesome and spot on btw! You should have added that alcohol consumption is likely to go up dramatically during this time of ones life! :)

yes alcohol consumption does go up. You notice it a problem when you are on first name basis with the cashier. Of course only after the kids are in bed.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are planning to have a baby soon .I just sent him a copy of your post. He has not answered me yet. I think I should be worried.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You are never "ready" to have children. You just hang on to your butt and hope for the best.

QFT

This bears repeating.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Oh lawd is this true!! LOL I was a crazy person who decided it would be a fabulous idea to bust out 3 kids in 4 years and well, I've only just recently started regaining my sanity. Kinda. :noway:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Test 4: Dressing small children
    1.Buy a real life octopus and string bag with holes in it.
    2.Attempt to put the octopus into the string bag so that no tentacles come out of the holes.
    Time allowed: five minutes.

This is unequivocally true in our house... my little one has always done the alligator roll while I am trying to dress them or change their diaper.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You are never "ready" to have children. You just hang on to your butt and hope for the best.

QFT

This bears repeating.

And again.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    LOL too funny!! I had them young and two years apart! We all made it out alive :laugh:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol i love the part about the goat.
    i can barely have patience for my lab mix, she's more than enough for us right now. and the neighbors kids are excellent birth control. we choose to be childless right now
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Feeding a three year old:

- Prepare a healthy, balanced, delicious meal cut into bite sized pieces and cooled to optimal temperature.
    - Throw it into the garbage.
    - Reduce the number of saltine crackers in the house by 10%.