2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    lordgod2 wrote: »
    Elliptical numbers, theyre accurate bc i put in age weight height
    @lordgod2
    No guarantee unfortunately. Ellipticals vary enormously.

Some can be somewhat accurate because the manufacturer put the time and effort into creating a bespoke calorie table from testing a cross section of people in controlled environments. In which case the estimate is as good as anything else. In which case @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld randomly halving a perfectly usable estimate makes it inaccurate.

But some can be a complete joke designed to flatter and encourage the user into believing they are burning huge numbers of calories when they aren't really. In which case halving the estimate may be a good idea.

Researching your particular elliptical and comparing burns you are capable of against other activities will give you a clue.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    so i might only burn 500 i n 2 hrs...???. but i eat 1400!!! no wonder im gaining ☹☹☹☹

You add exercise cals ON TOP of the cals you need to eat just to survive. You would use a certain amount of cals just lying in bed, more if you get up and move around even a small amount. You use even more when you exercise - if you don't eat enough to fuel your body processes you stop functioning properly.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    so i might only burn 500 i n 2 hrs...???. but i eat 1400!!! no wonder im gaining ☹☹☹☹

if you have questions about your weight loss journey, why not start your own thread?

This is a major troll mate. Don't waste your knowledge or energy on her/him. Nazi picture in their photos says it all

Thanks.

Hopefully the links will help others reading anyway :)