Baby weight

Options
amgilroy1112
amgilroy1112 Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys.
So, I've always struggled with my weight and it's fluctuated my whole life. I've had an eating disorder in the past and I don't want to go that road again.
I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy and I need a push to get started. I was 130 pre pregnancy with good muscle mass and bmi. I am now 180 and weaker than I've ever been and my bmi is a joke. I used to love working out but I can't find it in myself to get there. My eating habits are atrocious.
I'd like to hear from moms about their experiences and weight loss.
Thank you,
-Angela

Replies

• hmotis
    hmotis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Angela!! I'm 9 months postpartum. I gained 35 pounds with baby, and have been in the gym since about 1 month after baby was born. I have also been breastfeeding, so that's really making it hard to lose the last 10 pounds!! My baby is eating more solid food now so I'm able to restrict calories more without worrying about supply, so I'm finally seeing progress again. I am still about 25 pounds overweight, so that's my goal weight before my wedding in June! I'll add you and we can keep the momentum going :)
  • amgilroy1112
    amgilroy1112 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I still haven't gotten back to the gym but I will be soon. For now I need to start doing at least at home work outs.
  • daceixbx
    daceixbx Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I got the depo shot for about a year after giving birth, which made it harder to lose and really discouraged me. Its taken me almost 3 years to get back to pre pregnancy, but im willing to bet it would've come off sooner had I not gotten the shot. That being said, it also picked up when my child got old enough to preoccupy herself for half an hour giving me an opportunity work out (im one of thos people that is motivated to keep my eating under control when I've exercised so I dont undo all that hard work). Sometimes she even does it with me. The best route I could suggest is to allow yourself a slow progress. Dont expect to be prepregnancy status in 6 months, sacrificing precious time youll never get back with that cute little motionless slug that needs/wants your attention more then ever. Get your eating habits under control for now, which is really the biggest part of it, and worry about "working out" as in a set time of the day for you to run and do lunges, when its convenient for both of you. Kid will keep you active playing with and chasing them in the mean time. I think the desperation to get back to pre pregnancy as quickly as possible is what ends up being the downfall for most moms both mentally and physically.