Apple cider vinegar cleanse partners

Options
anabelrose
anabelrose Posts: 5 Member
Hi I am going to be starting an apple cider vinegar cleanse that will go on for about a month. I saw this as a great opportunity to partner up with someone who is interested in the benefits of apple cider vinegar. Basically all you do is drink a tablespoon of it once a day. It has many great benefits like its ability to help you lose weight supposedly. Anyone who is interested is please message me:)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Just so you know--there's alot of hype on this and other "cleanses". You can do a search and find out the reaction of the community. Cleanses and detoxes are big fads right now. Your vinegar won't hurt, but please let us know the benefits after a month. That's because it's rare that anyone comes back with great results. Good luck.
  • Robica1985
    Robica1985 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    (I don't know if this has been said before, but here it goes none the less)
    ACV doesn't help with weight loss at all, it doesn't have a whole mess of nutrients in it, and there's not anything really in the way of minerals or vitamins. It DOES have acetic acid, which is the beneficial ingredient. Generally speaking, people run pretty alkaline when it comes to their body pH. When people are too alkaline, their body cannot break down essential vitamins and minerals. ACV and the acetic acid therein, add some (potentially) much needed acidity to your body and therefore allow you to break down these vitamins and minerals better, and your body is able to utilize them more effectively.
    It also helps with stomach acid and acid re-flux, metabolizing calcium (cysts, random calcium deposits on your body, etc.), and there are some immune system benefits (because your body can better utilize the vitamins and minerals you ingest) as well.
    I've read that if you cannot stand the taste, you probably don't really need it, but I cannot attest to the validity of that.
    Anecdotally, my husband and I have been taking ACV 3x/day for the past month or two and I've found some pretty good benefits: No more acid after certain foods, my skin had some acne issues (minor) but they've all but cleared up, and other minor things. I take it with a VERY (like a tsp) small amount of cranberry juice and some lemon juice and actually kind of look forward to it before my meals.