Difficulty Eating

Options
Anyone else struggle with eating enough throughout the day ?
I will go days with only eating one meal, if even a meal, per day.
I don't have an eating disorder or anything, I just forget to eat. I think it's because I drink a lot of water and am just not hungry, but I'm not willing to drink less water lol.
Anyone have any advice ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thats fine, eat your calories in 1 or 2 meals per day. whatever works to hit your goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't have an eating disorder or anything, I just forget to eat. I think it's because I drink a lot of water and am just not hungry, but I'm not willing to drink less water lol.
    Anyone have any advice ?
    If you are losing weight, and your goal isn't to lose weight, you have to eat more.
    Undereating can mess with your appetite.
    Use the same strategies that allows you to do other things you just do - wake up, get to work, school, paying bills, picking up your kids from kindergarten, brushing teeth, whatever: when you wake up, you eat, on your way home, you buy groceries, when you get home, you cook and eat. Any activity you need a reminder for, set an alarm on your phone.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Anyone have any advice ?

How much water are you drinking? To be clear, foods contain water and helps with hydration as well. Don't screw up your goals because of some dumb thing you heard about drinking plenty of water. The below might help you. It has strategies to help people increase calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Anyone have any advice ?

Are you eating enough calories and nutrients? You can eat once a day as long as you get enough calories and nutrients doing so. Not eating at all is not healthy long term.
    You can eat calorie dense foods. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    I would talk to your doctor about what is going on and just get checked out. A loss of appetite could be a symptom of something else.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    How hungry are you at the one meal? Maybe you should do intermittent fasting...google it.